Which dirtbike for me ? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 03:30 PM
ToyoXrsPl

Which dirtbike for me ?

So summer is comin, I'm bored out of my mind and I think I finally wanna get a dirtbike. I've been puttin it aside for the longest time and since I moved into new house I got miles and miles of terrain to explore, all I gotta do is walk to the end of my steet and it's all perfect terrain for off-road.

Anyway I've never had a dirtbike before, I'm 24 and the only bike I had was one of the old WSK 125cc, I went through 3 of them when I was 13 lol, used it as a dirtbike back in Europe

So I'm lookin at Yamaha lineup and I thought of 125 but there's few models. Off-Road TT-R125
Off-Road TT-R125E
Off-Road TT-R125L
Motocross YZ125

It's all the same to me, I have no clue what to look at since I never owned a dirtbike before and don't know what are the major points. All I know is that I don't want the bike to go on a sightseein trip Something that will withstand my crazy ideas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Sam137

The TTR125E has electric start with 17/14 wheels. The TTR125L has larger wheels(19/16) than the TTR125. The YZ125 is 2 stroke mx bike thats basically made for the track. You said you were 24, so I figure your about 5'7 or taller. The TTR125L is going to be to small and the suspension will be soft and you will prob. outgrow it fast. I would get a Yamaha WR250F. Its a good 4-stroke trail bike that gives you alot of learning room. 2007 Yamaha WR250F Specifications, specs, spec
The Honda CRF250X is basically the same as a wr250f but made my Honda. Both would be good bikes for what you are planning on riding. Your dealer could tell you alot about the bikes and prob. let you ride them around the parking lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode