Off Roading Forums banner

picking up the new bike on Sat.

1K views 14 replies 2 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
I just made the call! My new KTM 525exc will ready to be picked up Saturday afternoon. So, of course I will be out riding on sunday. I'll give the new camera a try out and see if we can get some good shots of a new bike buried in mud. There should be plenty of it, unless it freezes out here again. The temps here have been hovering in the 40's. But that can change hourly. Either way you can bet I'll be out there. So get ready for more stupid repair and maintanance questions from me.

See less See more
G
#9 ·
well first ride is over. Covered 96 miles today. Only got one warning for having no turn signals or license plates yet. Did not brake anything yet. Was riding on the side of the RR tracks dropped off the side when I did not mean to and flew into a dry marsh. Luckily there was only a few stumps etc. so I was able miss them and get back under control. No harm no foul.
What a fabulous handfull of power. Throttle response is unbelievable. No problem raising the front @40 MPH. It will take some getting used to, but what a rush. We hit some hills with loose sand, and some wet riverside trails. I,ll get a pic out of the first broken part when it happens.
As far as the garage goes the wife agreed to let it be my rec. room/ motorcycle shop, and she will park outside.
The next post will be a photo of the sand hill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.