Air Intake? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-21-1999, 07:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Air Intake?

Hmm.... I'm takin apart My '81 XL100. I mean.. like takin the engine out and stuff. I'm going to take everythin apart, and clean it up good, to sell it next spring. anyway, I've never messed with the air intake, and whatever that big thing below it is. Can anyone tell me what this is, whats inside, and if it's complicated, and what it does. There is a big pipe coming from the bottom of the "thing" to the flywheel cover, I'm not sure what's inside. Also, I'm going to rebuild my forks (maybe). Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanx

Thanks,
Evan. XL100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-22-1999, 02:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Air Intake?

Hey Ev, I wish I could help you but I can't because I don't know anything about n XL and it seems you don't know much either. Bro, for the love of god please, please buy an effin manual for this bike and any other bike you may own after this one. This site is used for questions and answers , I understand that. But you can help yourself and us by knowing what you are talking about. Educate yourself man, we would all appreciate it. Are you going to attempt to take this bike appart without a manual?!? Good luck!! I can see there will be many more questions to come. I hate to beat a dead horse but enough is enough.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-22-1999, 02:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey man.. listen.. im not worried about the engine job.. i've had it all apart and stuff before, but just to fix stuff... this time im gonna clean it up. Anyway , I was just wonderin what was to the air intake. I dont have to take it off.. but i was just gonna.. geeze.. man... I guess I'll find out on my own.. Thanx for nuthin... lata

Thanks,
Evan. XL100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-22-1999, 03:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Don't fret bro I wasn't coming down on you too hard. But that's the right attitude, find out on your own. You'll be much more satsfied and then you will be able to say "I did this on my own". I own a couple of bikes and have manuals for both. But hey, I still have questions. The only stupid question is the question that is not asked. I'm not saying not to ask for help. But try to help yourself as much as possible. Especially when the resources are out there for you to do it. Believe me, I would be more than happy to help you if I knew anything about your bike, but I don't. I just get frustrated when people ask what seem like pretty simple questions which could deffinitely be found by simply looking in a manual. Anyway, good luck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode