Looking for a bike thats quite and street legal. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-09-1999, 03:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Looking for a bike thats quite and street legal.

Hello.

For many years now, I have used a old CT110 to scout out the many dirt roads around my area. Looking for jumps and other places I can then take my Blaster. I use the CT110 because it's quite, street legal, and does not attract a lot of attention.

I just put 70 miles of trails on it today and I am sore. I need something with more suspension. I have looked around, but there are so many on the market, I don't know where to start. Here's my requirements.

Vary quiet.
Street Legal.
Vary reliable.
Good gas milage.

I don't plan to use it on the street, but having it street legal keeps the cops off my back.

I am looking for something used. I don't want to spend mega bucks on something to putt around in. Don't need a lot of power, but would like a low first for the steep trails. 2 stroke or 4 stroke is find as long as it's quite. I live in So, Cal, if you need to know that.

Thanks

YFS200

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-09-1999, 05:52 PM
Just Plain Need A Life

Re: Looking for a bike thats quite and street legal.

Get a Suzuki DR-350S

Cheap, quite, decent on the trails and has an electric leg.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-10-1999, 04:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Thanks. How about a WR200 or IT250?

Thanks. I will check it out.

What do you think about the WR200? It's about my size, and it used a close relative to my Blaster engine. That puts me ahead of the game. And if it's as quite as a stock Blaster, then it's perfect. Don't know about street legal, but getting a engine I have all the tools to work on offset the cost of adding a few turning lights. Just wish I could find one in my state.

I did find a DT250. Once again, same family of engine, but I am not sure I want to go vintage. It's a bit big too. But there is one for sale locally.

Just like the 90s look of the WR200.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-10-1999, 09:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Talk about vintage i have a DT100 do you guys think its worth to fix it up, it needs alot of work. I know its small but it's a fun little bike.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-10-1999, 12:02 PM
pjc

The problem is in making the WR street legal. Baja Designs *may* have a kit but, this is just the start. Your DMV can make live miserable to reg a converted dirt bike.

Patrick J. Chicas

Rubicon Media Group, Inc. - Off-Road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode