stroke it 2 or 4 times?!?!? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 12:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

stroke it 2 or 4 times?!?!?

Ok guys, im in a major dilemma here...i cant decide which i want more, a Yz 250 or a YzF426. Ive managed to save about 4500 so either of them are an option. I do prety much a little of everyhting, motocross, trails, desert, etc, and im wondering which bike is for me. Ive got a pretty small frame, 5'7, 145 lbs. I come from a long line of riding both 2 and 4 strokes from all makes so i know the pros and cons of them both...just wanted to get your guys opinions.

p.s. wouldnt mind something that will spank [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img] my friends heavily modified banshee either...that thing is WAY too fast [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 06:04 AM

Re: stroke it 2 or 4 times?!?!?

well a yz426 with just an aftermarket pipe would eat that banshee most likely, and a yz250 with an aftermarket pipe and silencer, and like...i dunno, ur gonna want good top end so i'd say reeds set up for top end power, and u'll have him easily, i watched a yz125 (stock) win against a stock banshee in a drag race before. The 4 stroke or 2 stroke factor is up to you man, the 426 weighs alittle more, but it is also a big faster too...we can't tell you what bike to get, u gotta decide that
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 06:29 AM
Old Hand

I'd get the 426, sound's like the perfect bike for the wide variety of riding you do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 09:27 AM
Keyboard Implanted

2-stroke [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] They last longer [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 09:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well of course I'm going to recomend the 426 [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] And pick up a flywheel weight for it.

It is heavier than the 2 stroke though, just don't stop moving and you won't notice it. [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 10:33 AM
cleartoy

2 Stroke will have more top end.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 06:27 PM

yea 2 strokes have more top, but these new four strokes are CRAZY...i love them, they run like raped apes, i never thought a 4 stroke could run like they are making them... [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2003, 01:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you knew how to ride at least the Bashee wouldn't kick your ass [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2003, 05:44 PM

i like two stroke because i can do a top end in 2 hrs. 4 stroke engines scare me to many silly parts! [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2003, 09:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You want a tractor , or a chainsaw ?... How experienced are you , are you into pain??.... [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode