Leaky exhaust - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2003, 11:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Leaky exhaust

alright i am having this problem with my exhaust, i have this black goo coming out of the joints
and the silencer. it is a 91' cr 125, with a keihin carb. i have been told i need to jet it differently,
but what should i do differently to the carb to get this goo to stop. and last weekend it went lean because
it was so cold out and started to melt the top of the piston and the bike is all apart now, so i just need to
know what to do different to the carb to get this black goo to stop. i am not really worried about what happened
last weekend because i don't plan on riding it in the cold any more but if this happend because the carb
should be jetted differently and this would stop both of these problems it would be great if anyone
could help.
[img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 09:40 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Leaky exhaust

Its "normal" for a little black goop to come out if the is Jetted spot on.........

Dont worry too much about it and be sure those seals and gaskets are in good condition.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 03:18 PM
bodgecr250

www.ericgorr.com
start reading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2003, 07:00 AM
Old Hand

I avoid riding my cr or my banshee in weather below 30 degrees because of that possibility. I ride and 89 cr125, and the goop is always going to be there. Like kyron said, make sure your gasket is still good and I put high temp sealant around the gasket, and where the silencer and pipe meet. I run a fmf fatty and gold series combo. The goop isn't as bad since I switched. They say another reason you get that black stuff if because your not running high enough octane. I run 2 gallons of race gas and 3 gallons of premium pump, golden spectro 52 to 1. The goop is still there but it's really not that bad.

You might want to try a mix of race gas, if you aren't already running some.

[img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode