Kawasaki info? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Kawasaki info?

Hey everyone, I am looking at a few dirtbikes and have been searching the net for some info. I waswondering if you guys could help me answer a few Q's? I am trying not to go into buying something blind...

What were the years or generations of the KX. I am looking at a 95, was that the generation before the current set-up? Or 2 gens ago? What are some characteristics of that generation motorcycle, anything noticable? I would like to be able to tell what is what by looking at it.

Anyone know of a decent site with info... I have been searching, all I get is junk.

I am going to look a bunch of different bikes over the next few weeks, but would like to be better informed. I have been pretty hot on this bike since the price seems pretty good for the condition it is in. Thanks for any help in advance.

Brent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2003, 08:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Kawasaki info?

http://www.teamgreennews.ca/main.html

Kawasaki has a pretty good site complete with parts diagrams and stuff....Check it out and see if it ansswers any of your questions....The other thing to do is to talk to other dirt bbikers about various models etc. That's where you'll get the best insight to what's good and what's a dog...
Also , if I remember , Dirtbike magazine ran a little blurb in one of their issues last year about good second hand machines , I'll see if I can find the magazine sometime.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 05:14 AM
Old Hand

Re: Kawasaki info?

Everything after 93 isn't really radically different. 96 was more refined when they got the 46mm fork tubes. 93 on up had the perimiter frames. Your 95 has a lot of bottom end to midrange power. It peaks at 7000 rpm and then kind of falls on it's face. A hot set up was to run a 94 fmf gold series pipe to spread the power around better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode