WR 400, No Flame but No Shame - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

WR 400, No Flame but No Shame

Well boys, I am sad to say that when I found the bike yesterday she was no go. It did fire for a sec after quite a few kicks but that was it. Normally in the sub zero range, once it fires I can get it running. I just keep feeding it with the accelerator pump. It runs for a coupla sec's at first, then quits. feed it, kick it, and it runs a few more secs till it quits. It seems to just burn the fuel I squirt in. No matter what, if I touch the throttle at this stage it quits. I don't know about the rest of you WR and YZ kickers, but I don't put my hand anywhere near the throttle while starting even on a good day. I usually grab the crossbar with my gas hand 'cause no matter how hard I try not to twist the gas, the bike won't start with me touching the grip. So I go through this little program of feeding, starting, and stalling until gradually it builds up a little heat and will stay running. When the bike fired yesterday I was sure it would run but I never got another another kick out of it. I was determined to start the damn thing just to prove a point so I checked everything. The gas line wasn't frozen, drained the carb, cleaned snow from plug wire and coil in case of grounding, nothing worked. Then I noticed the tailpipe. The blizzard had filled the pipe full of snow and packed it in like concrete. I didn't check but I'll bet the airbox is full too. She let me know that there was still life left in her, but couldn't run with 100% backpressure, and there's no shame in that. I tried to tow the bike out with my sled but the bike had too much leverage and would tip the sled over whenever I hit a little offcamber slope so I had to cut her loose and abandon it for a second time. I borrowed a kamotik(like a dog team sled) today that I can lay the bike on and tow with my snowmobile to bring her home tonight. A night spent beside the fire should melt out the snow and I should be back in business tomorrow. Here's a pic from yesterday. If you lads reply, I'll reply back with a new pic each time so you can see where I get to play.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1015823-towjob.jpg (30.7 KB, 99 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 02:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: WR 400, No Flame but No Shame

That's pretty cool Tim. Good luck. BTW how much is a case of beer up there? [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img] Get a pic of the bike around the fire.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 02:42 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Dammm your my new hero [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Liquor is banned from all but 2 or 3 communities in Nunavut. In the few that booze isn't illegal there are no liquor or beer stores. In order to get booze you have to apply for a liquor license like a bar and order through the authorities. The booze comes in by plane and you can only get 1 40 ouncer or 1 24 pack per week. I drink rum so I don't know what beer is worth. In communities where it's totally illegal, a 60 of rum sells for 500 bucks. If you're caught with booze you loose your job and are deported by the RCMP. Here in Iqaluit it's not illegal so a country boy can survive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1015934-lost1.jpg (16.8 KB, 72 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

No dust to eat, no trees to hit, and definitely no flies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1015943-lost2.jpg (20.2 KB, 71 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 04:34 PM
Keyboard Implanted

OK, I'm looking at a map ...... where are you?

I know Chubby will post some link...... right [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 04:36 PM

can u tell me exactly where u live dude? im sorta confused about it, but it looks like it could be fun riding up there...but way way way cold, looks like u have some nice jumps though
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 05:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

no alcohol????????

i thought prohabition was over 70 years ago?

thats canada for ya!!!

WOW those pics are crazy, good luck with the bike!!

looks like you will spending more time on the sled than the bike
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 05:50 AM

no alcohol would blow...big time...
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 05:58 AM
Old Hand

Dam tim you gotta start keeping your bike in the house or something. I know a tarp probrably wouldn't stay on, but if the weather calms, you need to add on a garage or a small room for your bike, and or sled if you don't have one already. Never really seen anyone hooking up a bike to the back of a snowmobile. I have one of those dog sleads, but it's all steal, more for a snowmobile to pull for ice fishing, weighs less then most shanties though. Everyone I've met from canada drinks like a fish, thats pretty strange. In one of your pic's you had your bike in the bar with your buds. Remember no drinking and riding. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode