1992 YZ 250 data required. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 01:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

1992 YZ 250 data required.

I am currently studying mechanical engineering at university in England. At present I am carriying out my 3rd year project which is based on a variable goemetry two-stroke exhaust system.

My test bike is a 1992 Yamaha YZ 250. I need some info on the port timing of this bike. Exhuast and transfer port. Can anyone help me with this or perhaps point me in the direction of somebody who might be able to help?

Ideally I need a full technical specification on this bike including all the specific dimmensions of the ports as well as the timing.

Your help would be very much appreciated

Thankyou for your time,

Daniel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 06:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 1992 YZ 250 data required.

I would do a search on the net, but most likely your not gonna get this info on a site this this. try emailing pro circuit or any major engine company dealing with porting and such on dirt bikes. I would imagine that they would need these specs in order to resleeve and machine the cylinders and head for performance reasons
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 05:05 PM
portgrinder

dude, if you know how to make a pipe (properly), you should allready know how to do time area calcs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 10:09 PM
bodgecr250

www.ericgorr.com might help u. [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 11:49 PM
portgrinder

do you not have the bike? measure it up yourself. if you do not know how, go to macdizzy.com. he has a tutorial that walks you through basic port maps and time area calcs

that is the problem with engineers (i am also taking engineering) want to play but don't want to do the grunt work.
haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode