KTM dealer...wait? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

KTM dealer...wait?

say if you go to a KTM dealer, or any place and want a ktm they dont have if u got one new, and they had to order it, my freind tells me that it takes a long long time to get one out to you, is this true? does it really take a long time to get one, in my opinion they are the best bike, y dont many people have them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 04:28 PM
Firecracker

Re: KTM dealer...wait?

Well if they are out of stock on a certain bike, they will call other dealers and trade something else to get it for you. Depending on how far away that other dealer is and the various paperwork associated, that could take a while. Unless you are hugely loyal to a certain dealer, it is a good idea to call around to find out who has what you want. www.ktmtalk.com is a good resource for KTMs, and Woodsracer.Com and Dirtrider.Net have big KTM forums too.

As for why don't more people have them--lots of people DO have them, especially trail riders. They aren't AS popular on the MX track but they are getting there. At any local enduro or hare scramble or even just a trail ride you will see a ton of orange bikes. At least that's the way it is here, anyway.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 04:46 AM

u just do not live around a spot taht has a lot of KTM's ian, in my enduro club tons of ppl have them, 200's, 250's, 300's, 360's, 400's, 520's, just about everyone i can think of besides a 125, the one guy even has an LC-4. U just aren't in the right place, and as far as the bike ordering goes...u usually just wait untill the place has what u want to get it...if u get it ordered to you you will pay alot more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

thats waht i thought, i might get one after some practice on my freinds kdx....i already can ride bikes fine, just wanna try something new before, either that or a the new honda quad if it comes out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode