alright i cant get bikes outta my head now - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

alright i cant get bikes outta my head now

yes, i have come to my senses...thing is i cant stop thinkin bout bikes....i dunno what to do though.....i am sellin the quad in a year probally, but i was jsut wondering what bike as of right now would be best...i dont know what triggered this feeling, but it is like no other [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]....i like 4 strokes....and 2 strokes, but wher i am and ride i would liek a 4...i was thinkin one of the new crfs that are comin out next year, the crf250r and the crf250x....or yz250f or by the next year a crf450 or i dont fuggin know, what does everyone have here? what would you recommend...i am like 5 7' 150 and still grwoing...i am 15, and have plenty of experience...and getting somethin that i can keep for a while..unlike a 300ex... [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], if anyone could suggest anything it would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 06:34 PM
portgrinder

Re: alright i cant get bikes outta my head now

Waddabout that pimped out xr200 of josh's? hmm?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 06:40 PM

I'm a four stroke guy myself. Something you'd want to take into consideration on your selection would be it's purpose. Would you plan on riding motocross, enduro/harescrambles, trail riding etc...? Arming your self with that information will make it easier to choose by ruling out others. I ride a DRZ E, which I love, but in my own opinion, it's not a motocross bike. But, anyway, give some thought to what you’re going to do, really do with it, your skill level, and what you want to spend. That will help you decide. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 06:46 PM
cleartoy

I switched from a Banshee to a 99 YZ 250. I ride sand dunes only, so the powerband is what i need.

If i was gonna buy a 4 stroke, IT would be the CRF450. Runner up would be YZ450F.

I dont think a 4 stroke 250 will be enough power for you.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

ya prob not....well i will say this..i dont want a woods bike, i want a motocross bike with motocross shocks besides that i guess i am on a hunt to find a perfect machine
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 06:59 PM

Speaking of perfect machines, this idea has been running through my head a lot lately. I visualize trying to escape a Nazi prison camp and having to ride over fields and jump over barbed wire fences. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Anyway, this machine should be powerful, fast, light, able to ride both street and offroad, be street legal, short seat height....I think I've broached this subject once or twice before. I talked to the State Patrol here and it's not possible to make my DRZ E, street legal. Maybe the DR 650. Maybe the duke, I don't know. But I do know, it's out there somewhere. It doesn't have to be tops in all classes, or any class, just do whatever you want to do, and not complain too much. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 07:49 PM

u guys remember ian has never ridden a motocross bike before, i would say a 250mx fourstroke would be about tops for him....but then again...who knows? that crf is lookin nice, hoping for 04 honda has a crf450x maybe like they have the crf250x...but nehow, i don't think u could handle a two stroke 250, or fourstroke 450...especially w/your height u wouldn't be able to touch the ground...i'd say a yz250f would be like perfect....
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

thank you josh for making me look like a 4 year old [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]....no i have not ridden a moto cross except a modded kx80 bigwheel my freind used to have...that was motocross, with the shocks and everything, it was raced so had some stuff on it liek filter and sprockets and weisco piston and so on... i have other freinds with other bikes, from enduro's to woods bikes, and i jsut dont care for them, when i think of a woods bike i think of a ttr, heavy slow pos....no offense to anyone but i have had my time with those bikes and never wanna ride one agin, now i am thinkin of getting a 4 stroke, and by next year i will prob be around 5 10 or 6 ft, and i am defenitly not making and decisions in what i want becasue i did that and got a 300ex, dont i feel stupid....i may want a 450 in a year, i may want a 250 mx bike and io am cappable, ull never learn if you dont try, so please know one tell me not to get one becasue i really couldnt care at the moment, if you could give any advice please do, thanks a lot.....kdx's are sweet but wrong shocks and its a trail bike that is a 2 stroke....so....i am looking for something LIGHT and nice POWER, i can not stand heavy bies, there is nothing worse, like a ttr225 weighing in at 259 pounds DRY! o ya its tons of fun to have that pos land on your leg....THATS WHY I PICKED A QUAD!!....hahaha [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 01:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What reason did they give Brian? I'm sure you've checked here,

http://www.bajadesigns.com/Merchant2...tegory_Code=50

And look here,

http://www.bajadesigns.com/Merchant2...ode=Street+Use

Not sure about down there but if the State Troopers are anything like the RCMP, I wouldn't take their complete knowledge of the rules and regualtions to be written in stone. I was ticketed once because my signal lights weren't working; but I was using hand signals faithfully. He said they weren't legal anymore....WTF??!! They called a tow truck laid my bike on it's side in the cradle....spilled gas down the side of the tank....an extra $35 for the impound yard....just because of a sexually frustrated pr!ck who was in a bad mood and took it out on me. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 04:10 PM

They told me a law had recently been changed that wouldn't allow a bike that wasn't originally made for the street, to be made street legal. The person I talked to told me that the law did allow for someone to build a bike, she gave this example, like a volkswagon rear end and a welded on kaw front end and a beer keg for a gas tank, said she had no choice but to pass it. She aggreed it made no sense and wanted to help, but couldn't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode