DMV Registration Question for YZ125 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

DMV Registration Question for YZ125

I own a 1975 Yamaha YZ125 that I bought about 12 years ago from a friend for $250. There was no pink slip or paperwork of any kind exchanged in the deal (he lost all paperwork or never received it himself, I can't remember). This wasn't a big deal to me since I had only planned to ride it on some remote private property in the Sierras. It's been a fun bike for puttering around and now I want to sell it via a classified ad. The question of the pink slip will come up though, I'm sure, by a prospective buyer. Does any one here know what DMV forms, red tape, etc I need to legally transfer ownership of the bike from me to someone else? Also, what would the costs be?

By the way, if you live in the San Jose, CA area and are interested in buying it, drop me an email at [email protected] It's a nice bike; great for young and/or new riders or vintage collectors. Its in good condition. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 07:46 PM

Re: DMV Registration Question for YZ125

The best thing I can tell you is to call the DMV for your state and see what they can do to help. Good luck.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2002, 07:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

It really depends upon the state DMV requirements. Here in Iowa, you can just make up a bill of sale, stating the year, model and VIN/Serial Number and sign it and it's as good as a Certificate of Origin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 03:22 PM
Keyboard Implanted

If you've had the bike for that long and its been unregistered for that long well....... After 7 years all unregistered thingies "fall" off the DMVs list, so if I were you I'd bring the bike to DMV and have them give you a new pink slip and a green sticker, Oh dont forget to get an apointment [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode