good deal? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 05:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

good deal?

im just wondering what u guys think on this bike i was lookin at. it sounds pretty good but im not sure, just wanted your oppinions.It's a used 2000 honda CR125r with factory connection suspension,renthal bars,new clutch,new top end and excel rims. the guy said there was more in the ad and i gotta contact him.its only $2400 wich is less than my bike. i like it a lot but the only problem is that i am too short for a 125. its probly around 37in and i dont think i could fit on it without falling over and if i did get it it would take a lot of falling on my a$$ befor i got the balance right.just wondering yourr opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 04:37 AM

Re: good deal?

get a used KX100, it seems like if u got on a 125 and snapped on the gas too quick u'd be hurting urself all the time...especially seeing u can't touch the ground...i'd say get a KX100 dude, they rip, much faster than your bike, even when i used to own my old xr200 the kx would smoke that thing easily, i'd say try to find one of them, ride that untill u grow out of it and try for a 125.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 11:51 AM
Keyboard Implanted

yep.......... the CR sounds beat, why does it have new rims?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 02:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well i dont think i will get a new bike for a little bit so hopefully i will grow. and i dont really like kxs my friend has one and i dont like the way it runs. im still waiting to hear back from the guy with the bike to see why he needed all the new stuff. i hope he didnt crap on it then sell it. i wanna find a faster, lighter and more powerful bike with a lower seat hieght. but some 125 mxers have low seats maybe i can find one but i do wanna shop around and look at all my options thanks.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 07:07 PM

dude, his must run crappy, that little kx 100 ripped dude...all im sayin is don't get a bike u can't touch the ground on....
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 07:58 PM

max...ryan has a kx85... that thing is a 93..thats the reason it sucs...i would honestly say dont get it...new rims and top end=he probally could give to ****s bout the bike....2nd i would look for something the size of your bike but better... like 34in.. and like a, i dunno some nice bike...look for somethin that is ligght..that wut matters. and the fact that u need to be able to sit on it...2 strokes are a sh*t load lot more work than four..loud as hell...and do not do as well a 4 stroke would do near were u live...crf230???try that..i dunno
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 04:21 AM

im still saying stick w/a kx100, two strokes in reality aren't more work, don't need to adjust valves, much easier and cheaper to rebuild engine, and 300exrider, i call bullcrap on that being a 1993 kx85, they didn't make the 85 untill just recently, 2001 i think....or you could go w/some crappy woods bike like a crf230 like he said...but it's a fuggin woods bike, and i HATE WOODS BIKES, maybe you like them though....all im sayin is look into a kx100 man...u could find one for like 1500 bucks...ppl in my enduro club mainly ALL own two strokes, most are goin on two years w/o doing anything to their engines, while the guys with four strokes are adjusting their valves before they start the bike up...i love the new fourstrokes(mx fourstrokes) but i'd hate to have to adjust the valves....
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 06:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

first off it doesnt say new rims, it says excel rims. if he had new rims on it so what? i landed a 80 foot table top on my yz and had a flat and didn't know it and it dented the rim. maybe that what he did. 125's get rebuilt ALL the time. the only four stroke that needs valve adjustment are cheesy xr's. and even there not bad. did mine at 20 hours. the next is 100 and then 200. takes 10 mins. the new yzf's and drz's have direct cam to valve contact. no rocker arms. you adjut them like evry 3 years. thats it. actually you cant adjust them you replace the shims under the cam that contact the valve.

get a 125 and shave the seet. or buy a kx100.

a kid where i ride is 15 and he can barely touch the pegs on his 250 when he is sitiing on it. has to stop on a rock. you can do it, just do IT.

look at the bike and see what the deal it. ride it. see if you like it. check the whhel bearings, swingarm play, steering head. it was probally raced since the clutch is beat or it was riddin in the woods and he was slipping it alot. look at the bike. if its cleans and maintained pick it up.

what about a kdx 200 or sumpin? or a xr250?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 03:00 PM

have to adjust valves on crf450?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 04:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

the 1993 was an 80 not 85 (not like it really matters) thing is i cant reach the guy so i dont no how the bike is. ian the crf230 just came out like a week ago and im not getting a new one i do want a four stroke cuz i like the way they feel. i want to see all my options and not get a crap [censored] bike that is mad gay. and i might not get it for a little while so maybe i will get a huge a$$ groth spurt or something that would be good.im just really gunna have to think about it. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode