New,,,,What can u tell me about my bike? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 08:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

New,,,,What can u tell me about my bike?

Well I rode and raced dirt bikes as a kid like 8 years ago but since then I have been a avid atv rider and jeeper and never really cared for dirt biking until recentaly (sp). I bout a older bike off one of my dads friends. I dont even know the year it's a YZ125 thats been bored over 60 I think and has welsco pistions and thats all I know about it. I was wondering is their any way of telling the year? Any thing general you can tell me about it? What should be my 1st mod? Thanks BB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 08:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: New,,,,What can u tell me about my bike?

i think they started the blue design in 96...so 95 and below would be white...the dude, the older older models were yellow if im thinkin correctly...i think that was like 85 and below...don't hold me to it, someone else might think differently.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 08:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Go to www.georgiaoffroad.com and check out the dirtbike guide. They've got lots of pics and maybe you can match yours to get the year. There's no label left on the steering stem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 09:18 AM

Steve you should think of marketing yourself as a human internet browser. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Seems you've got those sites pretty much down.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 12:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

he's a lonely man w/no job and no money who sneaks to his neighbors computer while he works and surfs the net all day, little does steve's neighbor that he HAS a neighbor because steve puts his cardboard box OUTSIDE the fence while the man is home [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 03:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

its really funny when someone that has a single cylinder dirtbike/quad says "it needs new pistons or ill replace the pistons". u sound so dumb its not funny. check the #'s on the engine by the shifter shaft n on the steering colum to find out what year.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 04:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

"u should so dumb it's not funny" wow...hour and a half later...i still can't figure that out....
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 08:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know Josh.....wtf? It'd be a given to look on the steering stem.....so if the labels not there?

LOL! Brian, yeah it looks like I surf alot but I was trying to find out what year a friends KTM was, ('78) because there was nothing on the fawkin' bike to give me a hint![img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Thats when I found that site.

I've got a buddy who owns a music store and he pays me to research prices for old gear on the net. Thats about all I use this thing (comp) for.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 08:17 PM

hahahahaahha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode