making plastic look new - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 08:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

making plastic look new

is there something to bring back the shine and to remove the grit from over the years?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 11:48 PM
MXTrackChick

Re: making plastic look new

i have heard of some clear protective covering that will keep the shine and plastic condition.... might have to find something else for cleaning first.... the only thing is i am not quite sure where i saw the stuff advertised.... might be in a dirtwheels mag or some webpage.... another thing i remember it was really expensive.. like 1 thou just to get it done.... i heard it was worth it...but like i have that kind of money.... now if sponsors pay for it.... thats another story hehe
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2002, 06:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

plastic renew is ok, looks good for awhile. good when trying to sell the bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2002, 08:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mop 'n' Glo. Don't laugh, it works! It won't make the plastic look brand new, but it will give it new life. I use it on my bike and my sled.

Nice thing is it's cheap and easy. Kinda like I like my women.....ooops, did I say that out loud?

Heh, heh, have a good weekend all, no broken bones or bikes.......

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2002, 08:25 AM

going to vermont!!! to go quadin on this guys 900 acers (sp?) he has a warior, a lt and a honda foutrax...this way i dont have to bring mine [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img], and actually ride a warrior and see witch one i like more, my 300 or it... ill get back to u guys on that
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2002, 09:17 AM

I use a standard green pad, like you'd use in the kitchen and some spray cleaner, Windex etc..., it cleans all the dirt out of the scratches. Doesn't leave it shiny, just really clean.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2002, 02:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I used steel wool and bleach and man that worked pretty good. Since my fenders are white the bleach worked good. Know I just need to fine a good sealer.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2002, 08:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The other thing I found for plastic is a 3m plastic polish. I also bought some clean coat stuff, But I sparyed it on a spot after I polished it and the stuff won't stick one properly, Also it says to ruff on the plastic with 200 girt sandpaper. Will this clear coat be better and more shinny than that plastic polish?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 07:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Something I'd read elsewhere; for those white streaks you get after bending plastic, heat the underside and the color will come back.

Where do you buy the plastic polish?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 03:18 PM

just put on this stuff that took away scratches and cleaned and polished looked awsome, i gotta get a pic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode