woods bike v.s mx bike for the woods - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 09:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

woods bike v.s mx bike for the woods

alright guys...what's the deal? who actually rides woods bikes in the woods anymore? lol...ppl don't jump on me for this, i actually own an XR200, alotta you know that, and actually know how much i hate it....every enduro and harescramble ive been to, the woods bikes are always chugging along in the woods while motocross bikes are haulin azz through their....now...something like a wr250f-wr426f-the husky wr's are nice too...and they are all woods bikes, but stuff like klx and xr and and ttr....wtf? at an enduro im standin off side the trail and all i can hear is screaming engines around this corner, and all the mx bikes are coming outta the corner w/the front wheel in the air, then all of a sudden this old xr250 comes chugging, and i see the guy twist the throttle all the way, and it like doesn't even accelerate...just like slowly speeds up....i was like what the heck....im just wonderin if anyone actually buys a woods bike and races it in the woods....it just seems like anymore someone takes a motocross bike, revalves the suspension and softens it, adds a bit of flywheel weight, throws on a headlight and taillight, and bark busters and are set to go....its' just weird.....and these new four strokes...omg....they are rippin...i can't believe four strokes can haul azz like they are making them to do now days...it's great....nehow....it's just weird woods bikes are still being made...i personally don't like them, im just wondering what ppl prefer, a heavy slow woods bike for the woods, or a nice nimble mx bike for the woods...sure ya have to fan the clutch more, but it beats wrestling a 270lb monstor through the trees....what do u guys prefer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 12:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: woods bike v.s mx bike for the woods

I could live w/o a woods bike. I believe they are more for the really old married crowd. The only real reason I can think that anyone would buy an xr, ttr, etc... is cuz most those damn things have head lites. Im more of a 2 strock fan myself, although I am leanin toward a CR450F. Saw one at Glamis once leaving behind a roast 5 feet in the air, been in love ever since.
Bump
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 12:58 PM

I really like my DRZ, it's a little heavy, but easy to ride. It can be in the wrong gear and still chug up or over anything I can handle. It's a fun bike and has more power than I currently use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 03:11 PM
Keyboard Implanted

A slow rev'n bike will get you places a stock mx bike will only dream about! Also the factory gaurds on a woods bike are better than the aftermarket stuff. I think it would be better to start with a woods/offroad bike than a MX bike
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 03:26 PM

hmmm.... sometimes cheaper as wel as quitier, as for me i cant go around with a screamin 2 stroke, otherwise ill have 4 shotgun shells in my chest or some old crazy drunk guy screamin so loud at me spit is landin on my face, woods, i think of 4 strokes, lot of bottom end power, and built to go through, some will dissagree, but thats my opion
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 08:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

wow, this is good, lots of different opinions, and no one is arguing w/the other calling him or her a fag or bitch...amazing [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. Offroadevil-450f's are a big hit in the harescrambles and enduro's around here, they are mean, i was standing at a spectator point flaging bikes in towards the trail, and their is a nice...bout...500yd opening in the field, and saw a guy on a 450f just hammer through the gears, front tire up in every gear he hit, plus shooting a roost...but then he got in the woods and chugged nice n slow not spinnin too much...looks like it would be a great bike to have....
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 09:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

fag [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 12:36 PM

bitch...they heavy tho??? thats wut i pic it my mind
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 04:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hell no they aren't heavy, im guessin 225lbs at max...and chubby, sssshhhh, we can't let others know bout our ways [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. haha
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 05:24 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Hoe [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode