Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Dirtbike Lounge (https://forums.off-road.com/dirtbike-lounge/)
-   -   problem, anyone could know this with a 2 stroke (https://forums.off-road.com/dirtbike-lounge/127993-problem-anyone-could-know-2-stroke.html)

300EXrider 07-16-2002 08:12 PM

problem, anyone could know this with a 2 stroke

i got a CR60 which is sweet, but recently i think i had the wrong mix, it is an 84', and i put 32:1 in. now when i do this it sputters in the beginning of 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear, from the muff. it sounds all wierd as well, i dunno if anyone knows wut im talkin bout but would be great if they did, thanks

**DONOTDELETE** 07-16-2002 09:07 PM

Re: problem, anyone could know this with a 2 stroke

32:1 is like a universal mixture..it really should b ok...maybe check ur air filter? Clean the carb if ya feel like it, or otherwise, what i like to do when something starts to sputter, like when i was on the husky 250 i was creepin in some tight stuff not clutchin it too much revved down and it started to sputter, it was about to foul out cuz it was gettin too much oil built up on the plug, so i went a little faster, and saw the two horizontal green arrows which means straight [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. So i just got on the straight and opened her up for a couple seconds in 3rd and it stopped, so try revvin it? lol.

cleartoy 07-16-2002 11:19 PM

Sounds like the pilot jet is too lean. Not getting enough fuel.

Pilot controls throttle from zero to 1/8 throttle. Get a bigger one.

Kyron 07-17-2002 03:32 AM

I think what Josh really ment to say was more air in the tires...

**DONOTDELETE** 07-17-2002 06:50 AM

cleartoy, you sure he shouldn't just rev it? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] hehe...kyron, it could be his air pressure, maybe they are a little flat, so it's not rollin as smooth as it should be and the bike doesn't have enuff power to push him alone smoothly on flat tires so it's boggin, eh? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

300EXrider 07-17-2002 07:47 PM

i dunno, but my freind took it back and so he is sellin it, thanks anyways guys