YOU guys didn't believe me! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 05:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

YOU guys didn\'t believe me!

well i sold the yz on sunday and put my down payment on a 2002 400ex last night. picking it up today. it is 3 months old and pretty much mint. paid 4200. i ordered a extra large oil tank and steel braided front lines, double row bearing carrier and o-ring chain off ebay. the xr is getting picked up sunday and i have recvd a deposit from the buyer. buying sure taks for the rear and xcr bandit 23's for the front. high flow ilter and with skids next. then 11:1 wiseco, web cam, titanium valves and springs, full pre meg e-series in due time. tires first. I own a quad. Did I just say that i own a quad, and its a honda? i am melting already. time to start saving for a bike for the side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 07:41 AM
cleartoy

Re: YOU guys didn\'t believe me!

Wow! Thats quite a change. Thats what i was told when i switched from a Banshee to my 99YZ250. What did you get for your YZ if you dont mind me asking?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 07:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

have fun...must be weird goin from bikes to quads...ive never really had to make that switch, ive constintly rode both....sounds like it's gonna be a nice ride though...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 07:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

speechless
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 09:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

sold the yz for 2850, got 80 for the delta vlave(basically new) 85 for the boyeson water and ignition covers. still have the pipe and silencer. still have the pro tapers and applied trip. prob gonna put the pro tapers on the quad. and sell the applied trip seperately. i had a warrior back in high school. this is alot faster and tighter. what is gonna be the best part is when i am schooling my buds after riding a quad for a day and they have been doing it for years. I will always be a yamaha bike man but can not afford right now.

chubby we will be together again someday......
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 09:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

It is truly a sad day here at ORC. A quad. Just kidding around. Have some fun on it, and please oh please don't be like 99.99% of the quad riders around here!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 10:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

2 wheeled blood NEVER dies. patiance young grasshopper. OUR day WILL come........
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 12:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah, I know the two-wheeled thing never leaves ya. What's gonna be your next street machine. I'm looking at the FZ1 right now. Kinda tame, I know, but I want something a little better for longer hauls, like from Iowa to Arizona and back.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 01:37 PM
Keyboard Implanted

LOL... Its always a sad day here at ORC [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

But I too am speachless....... man, I thought you had balance?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 04:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

well i picked it up last night and this thing might as well be new. the air filter does not have one spec of dirt on it. the airbox and carb are spotless. i was beaten on it pretty good and i hope it is broken in [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. I am changing the oil and filter tonight. i am also going to buy mounts to adapt my pro tapers. it really needs to be opend up as i can tell how snuffed it is. no more fifth gear wheelies. it is fun though to just hop on and hit the button. i took the wo for a ride last night at 10:30pm and she liked it.(thats cause i can not give her the excuse that she cant go). i lke that it has lights and it is pretty quiet in the neighborhood. i am going to the mountains tomorrow to ride which should be a blast. first thing on the list are. i just ordered the extra large oil tank, braided front lines, and an extra o-ring chain. next item is a skid plate,full exhaust, high flow filter and jetting. then tires and rims. cam and piston over the winter. i also have to adjust the valves tonight. i miss my bike already as this thing has no where near the power but it does have its advantages like a seat that doesn't give me assrot in 2 mins.i will be getting a bike again later next year. and a street bike again when i get my license back. what pissed me off is i had to pay 311.50 to transfer the title and plate. WTF!! its not a f-ing car. I hate these new rules about atv plates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode