Question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Question

Yesterday I hit a small jump, came down wrong and hit a tree (actually panicked and had a mid air heart attack when, just after leaving the earth, I noticed there was a small ditch on the other/landing side, of the jump). Didn't hit real hard, but now, either, I bent my handlbar on the left side, (thats what I think I hit the tree with, the left bar/guard)or twisted the forks in the clamps. While going strait the bars are turned "slightly, very slightly" to the left. I guess I'll loosed the clamps and straighten it out, but I'm still not sure of which I did. I'll look closer but I think the right bar is turned out a little so it makes me think I just twisted the tubes in the clamps. Any of you fellas do that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 12:22 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Question

If that dosnt fix it, then after one more ride you wont even noitce it untill you ride someone else's bike
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 12:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

loosen the trip clamps and fork axle bolts push the suspen down a couple times and this will straighten the forks re-torque to spec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 06:53 PM
mikrosilakhan

i know im way to finicky and spoiled now but i simpky cannot ride with a best set of bars anymore.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

YZ, when you say "fork axle bolts", are you talking about the "pinch" bolts, axle nut, or both. Thanks.
Kyron, I think your right, we had to go like 10 more miles back to the truck and it already felt ok, until I looked down and saw the difference.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 10:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

That drives me crazy, like when you're in your car and the steering wheel isn't lined up when your going straight.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 12:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

pet-peves [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 02:01 PM
mikrosilakhan

Chubby, yea i just had to fix my wheel yesterday. It was turned perfectley so goin down the road you couldnt se any of the gauges. Nothing like wipin the wheel back and forth at 60 to see how much gas ya have left
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Ok, looks like YZ is the man on this one. Did what he said, rode it around the block and it feels/looks strait now. Thanks.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 02:07 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I "knew" that was the was to "fix" it but of course you now know your going to crash the other way and your going to have to do it all over again [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]..... my way is easier [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode