its over now! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 06:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

its over now!

was just messing around yesday on the yz and i got it?
when over a jump and yanked in the clutch and hit the rear brake and let go of clutch and nailed the gas and perfect landing. FINALLY. last time i tried this i just pulled in the clutch and froze and ended up landing on the front tire. did it like 20 times no prob. i cant wait to hi some real jumps and try this.WOO hoo. what a diff. the fron comes right down. i could shift in the air and always move around on the bike no footed or one handed one footed and stuff but never could get this, i never practiced though. ohhhhhhhhhhhhh i cant wait. i also took of tghe broken exhaust on the rm and the cylinder ins perfect. cross hatchin and new piston. motor botoom is so tight and fresh. sweet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 11:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: its over now!

lol, thanx for sharing your excitment with us man [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. Whenever i jump my XR i try to land it just about verticle on the back tire because my front shocks suck so bad, yes, i have come too far over backwards before.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 11:23 AM
mikrosilakhan

Thats how i learned man... My borther in law had a small jump in his side yard I would hit that thing for hours and hours.. Finaly ended up with no handers and stuff. Funny thing is i dont dare do them on my 426, the torques so bad and the stall possiblity is there. Could end up gettin ya hurt bad ow ehhe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 11:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

lol.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 07:32 PM
adam728

It's definitely a useful tactic when racing. As soon as I would leave the jump I would stab the rear brake and float to almost the landing before getting things turning again. That, along with absorbing as much take off as possible let em fly lower and faster than a lot of guys. Works awesome on the singles where you just fly into a flat landing. You can get on the ground and driving hard much sooner. It's a good thing to get really used to so when you are screwing around and almost loop out in the air you can save it.

Damnit, I need to get a bike again. Almost a solid year without one. WITHDRAWLS....
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 08:37 PM
mikrosilakhan

Yea if you practice actualy hitting a jump alittle nose high and stabbin the brake, you will gain more distance than ya could think. If you ever go to a motocross whatch for 2 riders hitting a jump with one doin git and another not, shows a good perspectiove.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 10:34 PM

too bad yer sellin the yz eh?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2002, 06:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

yep
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2002, 01:07 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I thought EVERYONE rode like that??
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2002, 06:11 PM
mikrosilakhan

remember the time at band camp , when i did that double jump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode