The Devol rad guards - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2002, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

The Devol rad guards

Last weekend I managed to burn my bike in pretty good on the left side. Ripped off the bottom plastic mount on the shroud. This weekend I took everything off to clean it and noticed my left radiater was a slightly twisted/warped, and bent back about a half inch. The Devol rad guards don't bolt on to the radiator, but bolt on up front to the actual frame where the radiator bolts on, a metal support bolts on to the frame behind the radiator on the tank mount. The rear support comes bent at kind of an angle. It was bent back strait. Wish I could draw a picture to explain it better. The bottom line is, I believe that guard kept my radiator from actually ripping off. I think money well spent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2002, 03:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: The Devol rad guards

I was thinking about the Works Connection braces. After I lost my bike off the trailer last year I bought the Acerbis forkseal/spring saver so I could crank down the bike gooder[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. Don't buy one, they're made of plastic and bend too easy. I found an aluminum one at the shop for around the same price that I'll be picking up.

Brian did you check out the pressure washer promo? The offer ends April 30th.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

No I haven't, I didn't make it to the shop this weekend but will go today after work. Normally I have no luck in this kind of situation, but all the can do is tell me no!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

No luck on the washer. I asked this afternoon. They offered it late in 01 on the 02 RM's only. They still have a few on hand and want $275 for them. I don't know if thats a good deal or not.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 03:23 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Those rad gaurds served ya well.....

Costco has psi washers for 150 and also check Home depo, there is a german company called Kersher (I think) and I've heard alot of good things about their products
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Kyron, I checked the sears web page last night and found some craftsmen for 350 and up. That was a little more than I want to commit. Thanks for the info on costco, I just joined them about two months ago and have only been back like twice. They sure would come in handy instead of paying the $6 to $8 at the pay washer every time. I can highly recommend the devol rad guards. By the way, you may remember a while ago I talked about a few mods I wanted to do and it was you that recommended going with the rad guards and bigger tank first. Thanks.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 12:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The ad in my mag says the offer is from Jul 16,2001 to April 30,2002 for all Rm and DRZ's. What a bummer. $275 for that Karcher is too much a freind of mine paid around $300 CDN for it on sale.

If you buy an electric one make sure it has the feature where it automatically shuts the pump off after you let go of the trigger. The kinds that don't end up burning out the motor quicker.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 12:55 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Karcher .......hey I was kinda close [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

The shop where I bought my DR is an ok place, but when you talk to the folks there, you can tell it's all about making a sale of some kind. I guess thats ok. When I lived in Ga there was a shop I could go to and just bs with a couple guys as long as they didn't have a customer. Although, when I bought my KLX there, the sales guy tried like he!! to sell me a wave runner instead. The guy that sold me the DRZ rides a DRZ and a new GSXR, he's also building a DRZ flat tracker. You ever notice lots of motorcycle sales people are always "between motorcycles" at the moment. I run into that a lot. It's kind of nice to find a person selling stuff he actually uses and knows something about because of a real interest.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 05:10 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: The Devol rad guards and other ramplings

Brian, if your going to get you rad fixed, there is a guy in Utah (Mylers) that does great FAST work on 'em...

The shops now a days SUCK...(at least the big ones do)

There use to be a shop when I was young thet we'd have to walk 5 miles uphill in the snow to get there EACHWAY...
But for real, South City Cycles in South San Fran was the place to hang out.... they bought two stroke oil from Chevron in the 55gal drum and resold it in their own containers for cheap... it was even ok to bring your own beer...... They had a sign in the shop that said "bringing in a dirty bike to be worked on is like not wipeing you [censored] when going to a proctoligst"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode