Finally rode...2002 KTM520 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 04:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Finally rode...2002 KTM520

finally rode a KTM, 2002 Ktm 520...[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] faaast, omg, nice......anyone rode one of these? fu*king beasts, i didn't get it outta 4th gear, not enough room, i bet that thing did a good 60 in 4th alone, it was faster in 4th than my xr is in 6th, and i could keep my weight in the back and crack the throttle half open and it would stand up in 4th...that's crazy...i would lay money down that you could pull the front end off the ground in 6th on it... i didn't think it was possible for a bike to have so much power, i wanted to get it wfo, but no room, crazy power though...holy sh!t...really really awesome suspension too. Loved it...and the e button....very nice...i used to think a fourstroke could never satisfy my need for pure power and acceleration...untill today...seriously, i would much rather have that then a two stroke, it had so much low end grunt, i could let the clutch out from a stand still with that thing in third and crack on it and shoot a big [censored] roost with the front tire lifting...omg...had an orgasm...[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img].
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 09:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Finally rode...2002 KTM520

didnt get nethin on the seat did ya?lol

i jetted my cr 2day bec of the warmer weather and was goin up a hill i hit it in 2nd fukin stood straight up thats the best feeling in the world.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 09:25 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Sweet you finaly rode a REAL bike [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 09:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yep...finally rode a REAL bike...damn that thing was great, i want one soooo bad, maybe i should just work for a year straight, quit school n all, n get one [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. Brian, i cleaned the seat off after i jizzed on it....what gear will the CR stand up in, 5th ive heard? Oh, kyron, btw, this guy was watchin a CRF450 win races against ktm400's, he raced the guy, was neck to neck untill he (on the ktm520) hit 4th and he started to pull away, he hit 5th and was gone...it's quite the bike, probably couldn't keep up with your hundey though[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img].
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2002, 03:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The owner of the bike was drunk? And he let you ride it?[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] When I was looking for a new bike I'd checked into the 520 but the only dealer was in Victoria and there was a waiting list. Nice bike Josh.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 06:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i thought the 520 was a 4spd?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 06:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

6 speed. www.ktmusa.com look.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 01:30 PM

I thought about getting a KTM as well, looked at the 400 EXC but thought it was a little pricey. I'm pretty happy with the DRZ, though I don't think it can really compare.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 10:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

the dude that owned it went to arizon to ride, rode a DRZ400 the whole ride (rented the bike) said he loved it, but would take his beast netime over it, but dude, im with you, very pricey, and nehow, you don't need nemore than what the DRZ has ya know??
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 12:55 PM

Yep, I'm in agreement, it's not a beast, but it can give more than I can take. I'm about finished with it as far as mods go. I just ordered an new FMF Q and some new radiator shrouds to replace the one I broke. I'm going to put a bigger main in and open up the airbox a little, then that should about do it. Until I break something else. Also bent the shift lever so ordered a new one of those too. Well, Suzuki makes a low gel seat. Which for my short a$$ legs, it could come in handy. Maybe...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode