hello there! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

hello there!

hey i am new to the dirt bike chat i have been on the atv chat for awhile now so i decided to come to the dirt bike chat since i have a dirt bike. It is a 1987 honda xr 100 nothing to get exicted about but i was just getting used to a dirt bikes since i never had one before,so i think i am ready to move up because i have had this bike for almost a year now and feels underpowered for me now so what would be the best bike to get after this one? i would be using it on dirt roads and little mud,so if you have any suggestions let me know. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 11:06 PM
mikrosilakhan

Re: hello there!

if your tall enough and it feels underpowered i would move up to a bigger bike or youlll ruin that lil XR
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 03:45 AM
Keyboard Implanted

XR250....... you can do it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 09:07 AM

I think the TTR-225 is a neat little bike. It's a 4 stroke with electric start. The button shouldn't be underrated. I did a test on mine (DR Z400 E) the other day and was able to start my bike with either hand, on or off the bike! While it does take both hands (it's a manly bike and requires both hands) [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] actually, it requires the clutch to be pulled in, regardless of whether it's in neutral or not, to start. One of these days, I'm going to fix that. Back to the issue at hand, your new bike, the TTR 225 isn't as tall as most of the others, which can be a good thing. It's not going to be a speed freak either. If your looking for something to do triples on (which would be quite a step for your current ride), then a pure MX bike would be what your looking for (in my opinion). These can be had in various flavors of color and engine design. To paraphrase "to thump, or not to thump would be the question" here. It kind of depends on what your going to do with it. I'm pretty much a 4 stroke guy, figuring....the more strokes the better, right? Choosing a new bike isn't easy, I spent about a year deciding on what I wanted. It was going to be either an FXDX, or the DRZ. All of this on two cups of coffee, not bad!!!! I always operate better in the am, it's proven!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

yea thanks for the help by the way i am 5`11 and 160lbs if this helps,and i do agree with brianklx300 about 4 stroke they rock and yea i am not sure still what to get yet so keep on giving your opinons ok thanks for the help.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 09:56 AM
mikrosilakhan

whoa yea dude, sell the 80 quik! a medisize four stroke is a good way to go. If you ride that little xr to much longer noone will give you anything for it. Picking your next bike basicly boils down to how far you think your riding skills will take you on the bike. Wish we could actualy see ya ride we could help decide
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 09:56 AM
mikrosilakhan

i mean 100 sell the 100 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

my riding skills are really good now the only trouble i used to have was the cluch but it did not take long to figure out,well i have been driving atv`s for about 10 years and i have been driving dirt bikes for 1 year, so i am pertty good at driving dirt bikes now since when i first started.I drive fairly agressive with atvs or dirt bikes,I use the dirt bike in fairly rough trails and fairly muddy trails and also i have a little jump set up as well.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 09:28 PM
Keyboard Implanted

CR500..............?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2002, 02:25 PM

DRZ 400's rule!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode