At Last......VICTORY - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 05:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

At Last......VICTORY

No Josh i am not talking about taming that beast you call a mother.

The xr was runnin last night. fired up on second kick! i am missing all the screws for the clucth cover so i substituted some from the valve cover and grabbed some from the parts bin. she idled nice. beside the fact that she was spewing oil out the valve cover she runs good. i only snugged the bolts on top since the gasket was 30$ and if there was a prob i wasn't buying a new one. the bolts will be ordered today. also it blew the rear tailight bulb about a 30sec after i got it started. i dont have the front hooked up right now. could the excess voltage cause it to blow ? i would imagine that there is some sort of regulator/resister that only allows enough energy to each bulb? what should i look for that causes this? the bulb was new. i am going to test the line whan i get it started again and see waht the voltage is. its a 6 volt system. i let it run for about a min with car 10w-30 in it to get all the junk that was in there out. i then drained it and am putting in 10w-40 honda GN-4 for break-in. then i am going to pull the clutch cover and clean the screen, change filter and oil, and adjust valves. i am pysched. she will be runnin next weekend baby!!!!!!! i was so jazzed when she was runnin. i was quit impressed since this is my first four stroke and the engine came in peices in a box. and had never seen it together. NO MOTOR NOISE YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 06:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: At Last......VICTORY

sounds nice, but dang, u have a YZ250, and your excited bout an XR350, guess it's just the idea of not riding wide open the whole time??
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 09:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i like saving the front tire from use on the yz josh, but the prob is that rear only lasts one day when i do this. for me to ride the yz in the mountains it costs me 75-100$ each time. the xr will cost me about 10$. ya see the yz eats tires, i can get two days out of a 80$ tire. i redo the rings twice a season and piston once. gear oil every 2-3 rides. gas is 4.75 a gal for vp 108 leaded. and premix is 8 for 5 gal. plus just general wear and tear. the xr doesn't go fast enough so it never gets wear! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] the yz will take off lugz flush with the tire! that sucks! plus when on the yz if your not riding wide open then why have it? assrot is bound to happen about 15 min into riding. the xr will provide decent power,super plush suspension,gas milage! SOFT COMFY SEAT. once its together all i have to do is change the oil. i will one day get another race bike. but right now i am trying to eliminate debt and dropping 100 a week to go riding doesnt help!! i wish i could keep her but she gotta go. plus i am thinking about making the xr a dualsport.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 11:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

what are you gonna get outta the yz?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 11:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

asking 3800, will take 3500. its just so purty. i know its worth it. 99% of the people i ride dont take 1/2 as much care as there bike as i do
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 11:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yea, from the pics ive seen 3500 is beyond reasonable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode