my dirtbike............. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 08:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

my dirtbike.............

I have a question about my new dirtbike I am going to get in 2 days and who better to ask than you guys. I'm one of the shortest people in my classes so and I felt more comfortable on the XR80 than the XR100 so I got the 80. My question is do any of you think i could do jumps on it. Any info. at all would be great thanks,
Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 09:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: my dirtbike.............

Well, dare devil, simply stated, you can jump anything with two wheels. Or with three, or four, I've even seen military tanks leave the ground before. It's all a matter of speed, trajectory and gravity. Now certainly, if you weigh five hundred pounds, getting the little 80 off the ground may be somewhat of a problem. If you are of average weight, I can tell you truthfully, I have had kids on 80cc bikes fly over my head on the track. The XR isn't really designed for "big air" but it will fly quite nicely at the hands of a practiced pilot. If you are dreaming of becoming an X-games competitor, you may want to look at something more like a lobotamy..er..I mean a motocross type bike with suspension designed for big hit landings.

Good luck, and happy flying.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 09:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: my dirtbike............. *DELETED*

Post deleted by roosteryz13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 10:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

was it really necessary to post that 5 times?[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] An XR80 is not gonna be your dream ramper, you will get maybe a foot off the ground and bottom out the shocks...but get used to stuff on that bike, then get an 80cc motocross bike n u will b all set.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 02:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I got absolutely no idead how I did that! I kept trying to post, and then getting a "too many connections" warning? Oh, well. Stupid computers anyway.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 03:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i had a 1980 xr 80 and used to ramp that bad boy all day. i could get a couple feet up. if you are having a hard time touching the ground than mostlikely u are pretty small. you should be able to get decent air which should do you fine for a while since u sound like a somewhat beginner. when i had my 80 it had the dual rear shocks. not the much better mono like today. there isn't really a big power diff between the 80 and 100. i would have personaaly gone for the 100 so i could get another year out of it. but if your new it will be fun trust me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode