i rode a 250!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 06:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i rode a 250!!

and im buying it on thursday. everything is good on it except the rear wheel bearings. i know what you mean cleartoy and yzroostinya it dosnt feel like you are going all that fast.o well fast enough to get u in trouble! the only thing that bothered me was how easy it was to kick. we couldnt get the compression tester in, so i just went by feel, when it was cold it felt good (me just pushing the kicker down but when it was warm it was easyer) i dunno but the plug was nich tan color and it was very powerful all around and the most responsive bike ive ever ridden. ill ask you how hard it it to kick a 2 stroke 250?(not a completely new top end but broken in) i could do it easy. any feed back? or maybe the giant kick starters that are on them makes it easyer to kick?

WELCOME TO NEW JERSEY PLEASE THROW AWAY YOUR constituions!
P.S. NJ BLOWS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 06:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: i rode a 250!!

It's fine, it's a two stroke, dropping a feather on it will probably turn the kickstarter. Sweet deal on gettin a bike man, wish i could say the same 4 myself, but nah...look at your signature man, do you really wanna keep it like that? wtf is are constituions??

<font color=red>it's ALL good</font color=red>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 07:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i dont know about droppin a feather, but it will be easier to start then a fourstroke. first off you dont have to find the "spot". you just kick it. prob takes the same amount of force as a 100 or 150 four stoke with no comp release. once my is warm i can kick start it in almost any condition or learn angle. just follow thru with your wait and it will start everytime. there should be a big diff in power, especially in band. as soon as i hit band the front wheel is in the air from 1st to 5th. with a good tire or i will be sideways.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 09:37 AM
cleartoy

My 99 YZ 250 wont start cold without full choke. Its got compression thats for sure, you gotta kick it! Once its warmed up though, its easy to start.

As to the speed. It seems like the bike could use a higher top gear. The bike itself accelerates like a bat out of hell. Like YZroost said, this thing is a wheelie machine. Posture is important while riding.

2 strokes will always be easier to start than same cc 4 stroke.

-cleartoy
85 xtracab 4x4(FOR SALE)
94 std cab 2wd
99 YZ250
Got sand?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 11:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah full choke every time i start too, but once it runs for 1 min it will start without it untill it gets cold again. my bike has good compression, dont get me wrong, but it is not as hard to start as any four stoke, dont care what year or what brand.

yeah i wish i had a sixth. they should make the gas tank the seat, cause thats where i ride mostly to stay full throttle and it still floats the front. but hey I LIKE IT ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 02:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i didnt start it cold but i did push the kick started down. the guy who started i was pretty big maybe 200lbs and it did look like it was harder the kick than it was warm so i dunno and im not going to worry about it. yea the front lifted only when i wanted it to or when i was in the grass(1st gear just roling it on untill about 1/3 throttle lifetd it easy) i was on a loose gravle straight inbetween 2 corn fields so their was no traction. i cant wait! josh the constituteion( sp?) is the government of this country.

WELCOME TO NEW JERSEY PLEASE THROW AWAY YOUR constituions!
P.S. NJ BLOWS
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 08:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

constitution genus. Stay in school.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 08:59 PM

Hey Josh, man, I hate to point this out, especially since my spelling or grammer aren't the greatest, even more so after a few beers, but....although genus is a word, I don't think it's the word you were looking for!

95 CB 1000 Vance and Hines exhaust, Works Performance Shocks.
98 KLX 300 (soon to be for sale)
02 DR Z400 E MSR Handguards
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 06:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You got me on that one, got me GOOD. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. Genius?

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 08:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

genious?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode