xr 350 83 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 12:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

xr 350 83

topend needed. piston ,rings,wrist pin,gaskets, valves,springs, retainers. $ and where

now! want to be ridin by next weekend

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 05:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: xr 350 83

Try http://www.xrsonly.com

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 07:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

they only have oversized pistons there, and they dont have the valves.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 09:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Their site is hard to navigate, the stuff is there, the valves anyway.

But are you sure you need valves? Or are you just covering everything to be sure? Which is a good thing but will be expensive. If the valves aren't burnt, bent or pitted then I'd reseat them, clean everything up, change the valve seals; guides too if need be.

Check the spring length to see if it's within tolerance. Check the cam lobes for excessive wear, rocker arms etc....

DO check the cam chain length to see if it's stretched and replace it and the guide too. If it's all apart you might as well....

You might try http://www.troy-racing.com for parts.

Good Luck

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 12:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

all the valve componentry i need from service honda is 169(everything), gasket kit is 30$

all i need now is a piston kit. gonna look that up tonight on the microfiche.
the xr 350 had a valve hit the piston and kank up the head. i have another head that needs all the coponentry, minus rockers and minor things, has a cam. all lobes are good.

the other piston has a dent obviously.

ya see the bike was good then the valve thing happend. my bud bought it apart with a extra cylinder and head. so i now need the parts for the spare head. he doesnt know what is good or bad with the spare head springs and stuff. i dont know all the details ,he just told me the parts i need as this was his project before i stepped in. he said i might get away with only needing two valves. we are going to go over it tonight.

i am also thinking about the dual sport kit through bajadesign to make it street legal, but thats down the line, as this was my original intent with the 600L

i also am looking for a front end of a 84 xr, they had disc brakes that year up front and mine has drum. if i can get it cheap enough i will do it.my bud has a 84 and my other bud has a 85. all xr 350's

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 08:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i ordered, piston,rings,valves,guides,springs,gaskets,cam chain guide, oil filter.
tore the bike down to the frame, pullin the motor tonight, parts should be here wednesday. regreasing the shock linkage and steering head bearings. has a new seat cover that has to be put on. shock and forks are good. the frame and swingarm is in really good condition. this bike is gonna be really nice when done. it also has a supertrapp. need some misc shiz like air filter,bolts and stuff. i also need the right side panel. hopefully i can get a used one of ebay.

keep ya posted

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 09:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Welcome to the world that goes thump. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 09:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I found some panels at Maier but they're for an '85 and they're $70.65. XR's Only say they've got the OEM plastic for older models but no price.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 01:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

maier sucks, thanks though

i gonna prob end up gettin off ebay

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 09:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

wow, the manual says 31 hp for a 83' pretty impressed and 247lbs dry. not bad

well i regreased the rear liknkage, new front wheel bearings
. the air filter metal cage has this screen in the back. so i cut it all apart. there was 3 diff screens in there,talk about restrictive. hoping to have it all together by saturday,fingers crossed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode