what should i expect? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2002, 03:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

what should i expect?

what should i expect when riding my 1st 250? the guy who has it says it haits like a rocket in the first 3 gears. its a 96cr250 so has anyone ever ridden one of these?are they smooth(when jetted properly or do they have a good hit?) because if this one has a good hit, it could be lacking lowend. any input? would a 250 2 stroke be harder tgo kick than an xr200?

WELCOME TO NEW JERSEY PLEASE THROW AWAY YOUR CONSTUIONS.

P.S. NJ BLOWS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 11:14 AM

Re: what should i expect?

Don't know xr man, the last 250 2 stroke I rode was an old DT 250, don't remember what year ,but it wouldn't compare to that CR 250. I do remember it being fun though, I was like 15 or so. I could crash nasty, in mud, down hill, what ever, I'd pick it up, and it would "always" start first or second kick. Middle of winter in Iowa, and it kicked over no problem. Spent a couple hours one night "flat tracking" around a motor supply bldg a couple blocks down from where I lived, after we had some fresh snow, man....to be young again.

95 CB 1000 Vance and Hines exhaust, Works Performance Shocks.
98 KLX 300 (soon to be for sale)
02 DR Z400 E MSR Handguards
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 03:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: what should i expect?

ive got an 01 yz250 and IT IS a rocket. almost completely stock too. just be careful where you dump the clutch it'll toss you quicker than you think!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode