Boots - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2002, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Boots

Fellas, I'm going to have to get a new set of boots. I'm looking at the Tech 6, I can get a pair for $250, vs the Tech 8 for like $315. The 6 feels pretty comfortable. I'd like to know what you have worn, that works. I'm currently wearing a pair of older Thors. They worked ok, but the stitching is starting to come un-done and the boot is beat up pretty bad.

95 CB 1000
98 KLX 300
02 DRZ E 400
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 03:58 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Boots

I've never seen any of the Tech's last at all.... I think Chubby broke his straps (that sounds funny)

I've been using Hi-points, there pretty straight forward with the straps and the way there designed

All's I'm sayin is "YEA"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Checked a couple sites and looked through Jan's Dirt Rider, didn't see an add for Hi Point. A bike mag ran a test sometime last year on boots. As soon as I get my stuff from Saudi I'll look through it. I can press my Thor's into service for a bit longer, the only thing really wrong with them is the stitching is coming undone. A little leather dye, new sowing and some waterproofing would go a long way.

95 CB 1000
98 KLX 300
02 DRZ E 400
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 11:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yup, I had the Tech 8's for a month and broke a stap on them. Alpinestar sent me a pack of new ones though. The stiching for the velcro on the gaitor let go on one boot. Other than that they're the best boots I've owned. I loved my Hi Points but my calves are like tree trunks; even with them adjusted all the way out they were still too tight. I think Alpinestar is still making Hi Points, not sure though.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 11:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i'm rockin the tech 8's right now. got them in black, and they dont even compare to any other boot ive owned. they are soo comfortable and have yet to have any problems with them, and i wear them often and regretfully dont take very good care of them. the price is a little high, i paid $330

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 04:56 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Brain, just find a good boot repair place and have em' fixed

All's I'm sayin is "YEA"
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

I think thats what I'm gonna do for now. I tried some Tech 6s' and 8's on today, the bone the foot that sticks out on the side by the little toe on my left foot sticks out farther than on the right, so when I find a pair of boots that fit, they press in on the side of my foot, it's tough to find stuff that fits just right. I usually end up going like a half size bigger and putting a cussion in the bottom The 6's came real close.

95 CB 1000
98 KLX 300
02 DRZ E 400
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode