ktm 400 mx - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2002, 09:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

ktm 400 mx

does any one know weight of this bike compared to a 450crf or yz426f, also power outputs. problems, i am going to get another bike at the end of this year after sellin my bikes and this one sparked my interest.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2002, 12:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: ktm 400 mx

Lighter than either one of the two. According to the mags it doesn't compare in power to either big mxers. But it's no slouch. LIke a detuned KTM 520. What will you be using it for....Racing? play riding?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2002, 07:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i have a yz 250 99 now, looking for a 4 stroke replacement
i race when i trail if that makes sense to ya. i always try to push myself no matter what i am doing, as long as people are looking at me i am happy. i would like to try and race again someday. so i am looking for a motocross bike that i will be jumping and trailriding with. the seat on my bike gives me azzrot in 15 min though which kinda sucks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2002, 08:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

KTM's are beasts, they had like 10 KTM400's in this last enduro, their no pussy machine. They haul ass, i watch guys throw em around so imagine they are not that heavy, im sure they rank up there or higher than the 400f.

<font color=red>I just take a look at a few of my favorite things....and...i don't feel too bad!!</font color=red>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2002, 10:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

For something to trail and mx with the KTM sounds like a sound choice. But for pure mx in stock form the others have it beat. But hey...I'm a novice rider and my 92' YZ 250 is plenty of bike for me. I wouldn't think anyone except a pro or expert could ring the 400 out to it's limits anyway. Good luck!!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2002, 08:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

they have a post on it in the table of contents. its the enduro version. maybe i will pick up a wr426 or a crf450wr if they come out with one. actually i will prob get a quad for the meantime since i will be buying late in the year and want to ride in the winter when i move. gonna take a big look at all at the bike show on sat

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2002, 03:51 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Take a look at the KTM 400 MXC with electric start, there still in the same weight range as those other bikes

All's I'm sayin is "YEA"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode