Kawasaki KDX250 INFO - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2002, 05:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Kawasaki KDX250 INFO

Hi Everyone - Do anyone one of you have any experience (positive or negative) with the 91 thru 94 KDX250?? I am looking at purchasing a used one here locally. I have owned many bikes (currently have a VOR 400MX, Yamaha YZ250, Yamaha Royal Venture) and am looking for something to turn into a "dual sport" for 95% trail use. I had an early model KDX200 and found it to be not torqey enough for my type of "trail riding". Will the 250 be better? How nimble are the 250's? I just sold a 95 XR250 - it was a GREAT woods bike but just not enough umph - I sold it with the intent of going XR400 then I noticed this KDX. Will the KDX be as nimble in the tight stuff as the xr was?? Any known problems with the KDX?? I looked up the specs and really like the sound of a 210 pound, 2 stroker for woods work. I am 215 pounds, love to ride wheelies, do a little jumpin (my VOR does this real nicely, and again am looking for another steed to use as a play bike!!! Also - does anyone know of a link where a review may be found for this bike??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2002, 10:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Kawasaki KDX250 INFO

I have a 92 KDX250 in the shed waiting for me to work on it. I bought it cheap 'cause some kid never greased the rear shock linkage and all of the bearings are shot now. I've never had a chance to ride it yet. Here's a link to a review of it- http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/kaw/kdx25091.html
Sorry I couldn't make it a clickable link. I bet the bike is better than the review says. I found many of the parts are the same as the 89 KX250. I agree on the XR250 being a great woods bike, but at my age it has plenty of oomph for me. See ya, Ed.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2002, 06:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Any reason not to get a 220? The 220 has the newer frame, and is supposed to be a better bike than the 250. I've heard alot of people trash-talking the 250, but I've also heard owners who love them. I think the 'general' concensus is that the 220 is a more modern, easier to ride, and more fun bike (supposedly better power too). http://justkdx.dirtrider.net Their page, and forums should be alot of help. All this 250 vs. 220 is basically what I've heard on the JustKDX forums, and I'm honestly unbiased between the two. That said, I have a 220 for sale http://home.att.net/~scrambler250/flyer.htm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2002, 06:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for all the help!! These forums are GREAT stuff because of folks like you guys!!
Scott (woodsy)

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2002, 01:16 AM
Keyboard Implanted

that KDX will more than likely be sprung alittle soft for how you ride, sounds like you ride pretty agressive, I had a 94 kdx 200 a long time ago, then stepped up to a KX 125, and in my opion theres nothing like a motocross suspesnion for the agressive fast technical slow, everything kinda trails, switchbacks, yotoa yota, I just cant see going back to something that bottoms when blasting through every creek with the stock springs.

but yess the kdx 250 will be a good bike and might be alittle tourger than the 200, and probably have a little bit of a hit compared to the 220,

Evan

trucks suck
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2002, 12:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

well i wouldnt really go with a kx cause they havent changed there frame in days but a good woods bike would be an xr 400 im 15 and more into motox/freestyle so my xr isnt working for me and i was stupid wnough to listen to a friend that said xr's are the best bike ever

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2002, 12:25 AM
Keyboard Implanted

why change whats already the best??

actually kawasaki has changed the frames on there motocross bikes few times, and still runin with the best of em

91-93 94-98 99 curent is where the frames have been reworked

trucks suck
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2002, 09:32 PM

yeah carmichal wont the championship last year on a kawi so they cant be that bad...

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2002, 11:39 PM
Keyboard Implanted

yeah but dont baase it on one kid look at kawasakis history and public sales and also the pros semi pros, you and me, all the little kids on 60s and even the old tired kdx 80s from the 80s

kawasaki realy has been good, in all areas

trucks suck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode