1989 wr250 manual - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

1989 wr250 manual

i just got a 1989 wr 250 and the guy i got it from didnt have the manual for it so i have a few quick questions for you guys.
first what kind of oil do i need to put in to the crank case? weight wise and brands you would recomend.
secondly do i need to premix gas or is does it do it by its self (my dad has a old yamaha that mixes it its self) and how much oil to gas ratio?
and lastly any one know if teres some where i could download the manual or an adobe some where for it?

i had an old xr so i dont know to much bout 2 strokes yet (mixing oils and all that reg stuff)
thanks guys/gals
mike

'95 jeep yj with a 3" rough country,, 31's, and miss. small mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 09:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 1989 wr250 manual

PCK UP A TWO stoke crankase oil, make sure it is for 2 strokes, i use silkolene medium weight. you can go with honda or any name brand oil desesigned for 2 stroke dirt bikes. you need to premix your gas at 32:1 . which means four ounces good 2 stroke oil(like silkolene comp 2, or honda hp2) to 1 gallon 92 or 93 octane gas. i use silkolene pro 2 full synth at 40:1 with 108 leaded fuel.that bike is very similar to a yz250 of that year except it has a spark arrester, lights, wide ratio trans and probally a flywheel weight. i still have my manuaul for my old 91 yz250, i think it covers the wr and yz from 88-92. if you want it i will sell it to you for 10$ plus ship. i am in pa. there like 40$ from the dealer plus tax, no torn pages.

i would change all the fluids and put fresh gas in it, do a compression check, clean the air filter and get a new spark plug. repack the muffler if you can. the plug should be a b8eg if i remem correctly. use motorcycle radiator fluid also. car stuff has aluminum sulfides in it that are mildly abrasive to clean the system and will damage the water pump seal on a bike. it happened twice on my old bike until i found out about that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode