SNORE ELITE BATTLE AT PRIMM POST RACE - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Desert Racing For the discussion of all things, Desert Racing in Baja, the American Southwest, Australia and Africa.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Stranger

SNORE ELITE BATTLE AT PRIMM POST RACE

There were 113 entries in 11 classes on a 9+ mile course, with an infield of 1.7 miles of jumps, whoops, moguls and other obstacles to conquer - Adam Dafner of The Dirt Man here in Vegas really outdid himself on building this course!! There were 27 1600's entered and they were absolutely battling it out both days with on the edge of your seat action - Aaron Hawley, Cody Freeman, Cheater Folts/Burgess, Matt Gumz & Jeremy Harmon - the racing was so close and intense that there was no way to call it until the fat lady sang ... In some instances there were a mere 1 or 2 seconds separating the lap times... The 5-1600 class drew 14 entries and all of them started both days! They were extremely competitive and performed some hard charging, no holds barred racing...

There were a lot of new teams not just to SNORE but some to the sport of desert racing: Brad Falin of Fernley NV, Tim Lindsay & Jim Birmingham of Cali brought their class 1's out, but Birmingham had some bad luck the first day and thought about putting it on the trailer, but when he saw that all of the entered class 1's were coming back out on Sunday, his team put it back together and made a great run Sunday! Billy Worthing debuted his beautiful Elite class 1 car, but had some problems Sunday... Bill Woodward of Havasu & Steve Stroble of Stroble Motorsports of Nebraska (what a beautiful car and an absolutely flawless race both days) came out in class 10... In 5-1600, Julian Patron of Chula Vista and Greg Pope of Colorado are vying for Rookie of the Year, with Greg Pope having an interesting story: He saw a 5-1600 car in California, thought to himself I have to have one of these, found one for sale in Cali, bought it and shipped it to our race! There were also a few third generation racers starting their race careers at the Battle...

I have to say, this was one of the most fun races I have been involved with yet... From Thurs nite at the Tree Bar (thank you Desert Assassins for once again ruining me for the next day haha) to Tech/Contingency on Friday (slammed until 9:30) and then the racing which really was non-stop both days... The enthusiasm before, during and after the race by all of the teams was unmatched! The Rhino race midday was hillarious!!! It was a perfect addition to the format - I watched everyone come out of their pits to the edge of the course to watch and cheer on their favorites - Bryan Freeman was the winner... what a show that was... The quick flurry of snow at the start of sunday's race topped it off... If it could only have been, oh, say 30 degrees warmer both days hahaha... I can't wait for next year's event - with 2 of these short-course races under our belts, I can guarantee it will be bigger and better!! I have had nothing but extremely positive feedback about how much fun this race was... I know a lot of desert racers like the long mileage ones, but this was fun and was very family and spouse oriented lol...

To all of the volunteers who were out there in what felt like sub-zero temperatures manning checkpoints, road crossings & the infield - you are the heros here... this race wouldn't have come together without each and every one of you... THANK YOU to Elite Laser Cutting, TierraCo and Kartek for your sponsorships of this race... Kevin from McKenzies, thank you for going above and beyond to help a racer out... Greg Boyer of Genuine Web - what can I say, you are the best! the real-time updates kept everyone who couldn't make it out feeling like they were still a part of it... Bill at Carrera Photography - 800 pictures downloaded on Saturday alone - wow! And to Rob, our newest SNORE course support crew extraordinaire who was everywhere in record time to assist - you have now been handed the keys [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thank you to the new contingency sponsors this year: F&L Fuel, Torco Race Fuels, Sunoco Fuels, BRX Products, DJ Safety, Go! Fast, Racetech Seats of North America, and True Flow Intake Systems... And a HUGE THANK YOU to all of the vendors & sponsors who signed on again to support SNORE this year!! I have some other major contingency deals in the works everyone so stay tuned....

The Buffalo Bills 400 is next and I've got some really cool things going for Class 10, as well as it being the bonus race - Like I said, I always take care of my Class 10 guys ;D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode