Need help determining class & looking for co-pilot - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Desert Racing For the discussion of all things, Desert Racing in Baja, the American Southwest, Australia and Africa.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2005, 01:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Need help determining class & looking for co-pilot

I've viewed score's class description but its not very helpful. eventuly ill fork over the $25 for the rule book.... maybe. I got a 96.5 2.7l 4cl tacoma, full fiberglass flares, 3' thru the bed (to bed cage) race-runners 2' wheel travel rear and 1.2' fron on camburg modified a-arms, had the 4x4 arm extended so it is 4 wheel capable, full cage, deaver leafs in rear, beard seats (5-pt harness), its a two seater (also i'm looking for a co-pilot that can operate the onboard and navigate) 1.5' race-runners up front, bump stops all around, and i'm running 33x10.5 bfg muds on a 15" w/ champion bead locks. all else is stock. (oh centerforce dual friction clutch and detroit locker in the rear only. looking at the tecate 500 to get my feet wet (maybe do 200 mi we'll see) hope fully copilot will go halves on a rally logger. Co-pilot must supply own safety eqpt. (minus belts)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 09:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Need help determining class & looking for co-pilot

no reply in 5 days. at least tell me my truck mods suck, or that you'd never ride with an ass like me or SOMETHING!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 05:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Seriously, show an interest, and Ill send you jpgs of any part of the truck you want (recently added window nets and Race mirrors and increased the rear facing amber from 6" to 8") or come by ( if yer close to phx, az) you won't be disapointed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 10:01 AM
AZ Land Racing

delimiter,

Email me at: [email protected] I may be interested and may be able to help out alot with pit support and such. I am also located in phoenix. Lets talk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1409913-Avatar.jpg (51.3 KB, 72 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 02:50 PM
BlueCoyote

Baja is probably not the place to "get you feet wet". YOur truck wold be a Sportsman class - only the saftey rules would apply - cage, cell, belts, nets, etc. My suggestion is to do a local US base race first. You best bet right now is the MORE 1450 class - next race is May 28th in Lucerne CA. Beard Seats is putting up the entry fee <aka almost free racing!> for this event. Go to www.moreracing.net for more details. I also run this series so feel free to email me if you need assistance.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 08:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks, yeah I'm going to the 500, but not racing it. I thought I will do a short race put on by Whiplash Racing early this summer to "get my feet wet". Thanks for the advice.

--Delimiter
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 06:16 PM
mccreary

I am new and only just saw this ...who knows if you'll see this....did you find a co-pilot yet? I've got ideas if your still looking.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 02:01 PM
detroit

Hi - I am in Phoenix and looking to co-run local events and events in Cal. and Nevada. I am building a car but not ready to run it yet. I am interested in speaking with you about co-navigation and support.
Let me know [email protected]
Thanks, Eric
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 11:55 AM

delimiter, stay away from SCORE unless you have some serious money to spend and rebuild of the truck is in order. New rules require that all steel cages be built a certain way. I have raced baja and CA for many years then left the sport to finish my schooling. Still doing some fab work and prep stuff on the side of my profession. As mentioned above you will want to stick with the pre runner class for now. MORE and MDR offer some great races for that. your truck will fit in well. As for the mods A good pre run session will help you figure out if things are right. I have been a co -rider for many years, in baja just because I know it so well. As for MDR and others I race DB's there now..so reading terrain is the best skill you can have. I have also driven for many years and nows whatit takes to finish a race. if still looking give me a ring...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode