Desert Racecar Rental - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Desert Racing For the discussion of all things, Desert Racing in Baja, the American Southwest, Australia and Africa.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 06:19 AM
ianthompson

Desert Racecar Rental

Hi, I want to compete in a couple of Desert races, (we don't have any here in England, no desert you see!) so i'm looking for a race rental team to provide a turn-key package for a couple of SCORE or BITD races in 2006.
The sort of programme i,m looking for will be car familiarisation training, desert training, pre-race running and race. I have nothing except Overalls and helmet (and money) so will need a car, co-driver, and pit team.
Here in the UK i've competed in Circuit Racing and Stage Rallies, but have always wanted to do the Baja 1000. (A little too ambitious to start with i know)
So any rental teams with good reliable cars please contact me via this forum or at [email protected] (please mark e-mails race rental or they may be junked)
Thanks
Ian Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 03:47 PM

Re: Desert Racecar Rental

Ian,

Might I suggest you check out race-dezert.com? They have more race team people than this place does for some reason.

You can probably buy some seat time with a team that would be willing to do that.

There is also Wide Open Baja, which normally does touring through Baja, but I think they still race the 1000.

http://wideopenbaja.com/baja_1000.html

Hope that helps you.

J.R.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 06:10 AM
ianthompson

Thank you JR, i'll do that.
ian t.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Jenna

hi Ian, have you considered doing a european event?

I would suggest you have a look at the european FIA off road(tout-terrain) championship, unlike the demolishion derby of british off road racing(sorry guys) the european mainland does have a very good and healthy championship ranging from one off events like the Paris 24 Rally to the world renowned Paris-Dakar, You may find that this might prove a more... financially viable option than the states, i should know what your doing is exctly what i questioned some 10 years ago.

As for competing, yes you will need a FIA licence(unlike in the states) however they can be obtained, yes teams hire and train drivers.. lol i know that because we do, and yes although europe is not socal, an event were you can fly your friends, family and sponsors to say the sunny algarve for just 18 each way per person makes good sence to me!!

if you want to know more just shout.

jenna
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2005, 01:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

anyone with any vehicle can run the 1000
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 02:41 PM
BlueCoyote

Your best bet is Wide Open Baja - as they supply the car, the chase teams, mechanics, fuel, logistics, about everything you need. And these are real race cars - comparable to a class 10.

Anyone can race Baja, the car is the easy part, it is everything else that takes months of planning and buckets of $.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 07:24 PM
dgenr8

I'd like to see that!

lol
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Sandmaster

I can help you out with what you want to do.
My name is Alan McCaa. I am the owner of Xtreme Motorsports in Bakersfield, CA. We build high performance sandcars along with Class 1, 10 and 12 racecars for desert racing. I can provide a SCORE / BITD legal Class 1 car, chase team, parts, man power, even down to a helicopter or airplane if you require that. We can provide the training also. We cna do this on a rental basis for any race you would like. Let me know how i can help.

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode