Need tire advice - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Desert Racing For the discussion of all things, Desert Racing in Baja, the American Southwest, Australia and Africa.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 07:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Need tire advice

Hello,

I am from Louisiana and am moving to Phoenix soon. I have a class 1/2 1600 buggy with 10" wide rims. I have no idea what kind of tires to get. I am looking for a good all around dirt, rock, sand tire. Also I notice in most of the racing pictures the buggies have very agressive tires on the front with milder tread on the rear tires. Can anyone explain this to me and give me some tire advice?

Thanks,

Jacques
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 12:11 PM
imported_BigDust

Re: Need tire advice

Hi, Firstof all i am not really an expert or anything on which tires to use, but I can speak from some experience. I live about 2 1/2 hours from Pheonix and the terrain is similar here as it is in Pheonix. I would say the your best all around bet for a tire choice would be pretty much any type of all terrain tire that has anywhere from medium to large tire treads. That would work the best for dirt and that sort of stuff. It would also be ok for sand but if you want to drive in any deep sand or plan on driving in just sand and not going from sand to dirt, i would have to suggest some sort of paddle tires. If you plan on racing though I would say go with some sort of all terrain or Baja tire because most of the courses around here are all hard dirt with only a few soft spots. well good luck and have fun either way. hope i could help at least a little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode