What can I do with my truck? 4x4 silverado - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Desert Racing For the discussion of all things, Desert Racing in Baja, the American Southwest, Australia and Africa.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 10:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What can I do with my truck? 4x4 silverado

I will admit I dont follow much desert racing but it looks like a whole lot of fun...do any guys participate in fullsize 4x4 silverados? what should I look into? I own a whipple supercharged 4x4 extended cab Z71
Would/could I actually enter in any kind of race, or am i limited to 'chasing' ? what kind of speeds can the chasers get up to?
(http://www.geocities.com:81/silverado)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 11:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: What can I do with my truck? 4x4 silverado

Look up the races on Offroad.com and you will see all you want.. There are a ton of fullsize racers out there from Chevy.. In SCORE superchargers are not allowed.. I like the power they give but do you really want to FORCE small particles of dirt into your motor destroying a $2000 charger and a +$2000 engine? The more money you have the faster you go.. check these guys out http://www.terribleherbst.com/and http://www.geiserbros.com/.. They build anything up to truggies.. Best you can get.. But at about $2 mil per with R&D you need a really big money tree.. Speed is relative to how big your cahones are and how willing you are to put your daily driver on the line.. I have been up to about 80 in my toy in the pic below.. no need to go any faster yet.. Parts will break.. Have a friend that has a welder and a junk yard.. forget having a girlfriend because they will want more attention that your truck.. And by all means the first upgrade you do before going WOT off road is a cage and 4or5 point harnesses.. Accidents will happen and its best to be protected and learn your vehicles capabilities stock.. Then upgrade engine, suspension, body, tires as money permitts..
BTW the prerunner list down lower is starting to wake up a little .. Go there..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode