D-37 DEZ RACE-FEB. 24 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Desert Racing For the discussion of all things, Desert Racing in Baja, the American Southwest, Australia and Africa.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2002, 07:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

D-37 DEZ RACE-FEB. 24

Hosted by The Checkers M/C on Feb.24, D-37 Sanctioned, Pays D-37 Desert Points, Adelanto GP does NOT! Support D-37 Racing,not out-of-state, make-a-buck Promoters! Location: Lucerne Valley, Bessemer Mine Rd.,2mi. No. of Soggy Dry Lake @ The Rockpile. 9AM Start, All Classes incl. Sat. Race for Mini's Only, No Quad Classes, Pie Platers always Welcome!Do you have what it takes to RACE with the CHECKERS? SEE YOU IN THE DEZ ON SUNDAY!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2002, 11:55 AM
Drew K1500

Re: D-37 DEZ RACE-FEB. 24

D-37? Where exaclty is that may i ask. Ok i have always been a fan of desert racing but now i am interested in actually participating. I have the bike (Husqy 610) and i hope the skills (just wanna have fun) so how can i get involved?

How does it feel to be beaten by a sewing machine?
HUSQVARNA WXC610
Fly Your Flag, Support our Veterans

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2002, 07:45 PM
pjc

Dave,

I have tremendous respect for the Checkers (both bike and car clubs) and I also respect The Desert Vipers and Casey Folks and BITD. You should too. Cut the "out of state" crap. It's Bull****! We are all off-roaders and dez-heads.

We will be covering the AGP and will be glad to cover you next race. Just send your dates to "[email protected]".

Patrick J. Chicas

Rubicon Media Group, Inc. - Off-Road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2002, 07:51 PM
pjc

The AMA divides up the US continent into districts. District 37 covers the LA area and the dez east of same.

D-37 was the absolute hotbed of Desert Racing for decades. Unfortunately, the eco-nazis have relocated dez races in D-37 to a few tired old courses. It really sucks. I remember when I was young, There was a race every weekend and the course was almost always different. No longer..

A lot of promoters have taken up the slack. Depending on where you live, I can provide advice for a series or promoter in your locale.

BTW, the Jerks at the AMA did little to nothing to stop the eco-freaks. Nope.. The remained focused on getting dip**** wananbe harley 1%'s the right to ride without helmets. And guess what, they lost there too.

Sad..

Patrick J. Chicas

Rubicon Media Group, Inc. - Off-Road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode