Mud in my Veins
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Memphis, TN
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Your Ideas ...and mine.
If traffic is the problem, reduce it by splitting the BBS, but link all the splits so as to make the separations as invisible as possible.
I'm using only the BBS and I'm not complaining about missing out on the e-mail side - are the e-mailers complaining? Why combine? It would only increase traffic again. Anyone who can type an e-mail & get online to send it can go to the BBS & type it. If you want to combine the 2 venues, drop the e-mail lists & tell those users to go to the BBS.
I notice part of your motivation for the change is that you've been merged with a rival - my idea is that you get over it and don't mess up the BBS just to get away from him. Otherwise, you might find many of your users switching to your rival... Try making a happy merge that better serves YOUR users AND his.
My biggest concern is that NONE of the BBS content be lost in whatever change takes place, if any significant change is even necessary. I would be very disappointed to lose access to any of the old posts, since some of those users are gone & that's the only way we'd have access to their experience.
The changes I'd like include:
- being able to search between 2 dates instead of back to one date;
- being able to edit the post icon in addition to all other fields;
- being able to use post icons (trophy, exclamation, etc.) as markup in posts;
- being able to add new post icons;
- being able to store larger pictures (that one's not really a big deal since large pics can be linked in);
- being able to customize the layout of the BBS pages;
Creating this forum demonstrates that you're keeping your users' concerns in mind - keep it up. !-)