Stupid pop-up ads!!!!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
BBS Changes - General Discussion Please discuss topics related to System upgrades and changes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2002, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Stupid pop-up ads!!!!!!!

I'm curious, what's the deal with the freaking pop-up ads?! They are the most ANNOYING f$&%ing thing in the world and I am slightly(to say the least) disappointed that you guys stooped to that level. I believe somewhere a while back, when changes to the BBS were just starting to happen, we were told not to worry about pop-up ads, as ORC would not do that. Well, now we do. I can't be the only one slightly peeved about this!! Anyone else?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2002, 09:07 PM

Re: Stupid pop-up ads!!!!!!!

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>Yeah, you can color me annoyed too. I realize that ORC has to make money somehow, but I'd rather have the banner ads than the damn popups.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2002, 10:49 PM

<font color=blue>Yes I'm a bit peaved to!! I also recall something I think on this forum saying we whouldn't have to worry about popups, And I really can't think anyone whould like them anyhow? So with that, Lets put those popups where they belong!! In the Garbage can![img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 08:40 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Another one for the opinion of how annoying Pop-ups are!

brent
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 12:35 PM

I'll jump on the bandwagon. Popups are cheap, lame, poor man's excuses for generating revenue. This site WILL lose members if this type of unsolicited BS continues.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 02:58 PM
Keyboard Implanted

thres a reason i dont visit other sites.. they have popups...
seems like a good way to kill off TONS of the banner views..
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 03:51 PM

<font face="comic Sans MS">Are you guys sure the pop-up ads are coming from ORC? I have yet to experience a pop-up ad generated from ORC... I do get some popups occasionally but this is only when another site I use is up. When that site is open without ORC open the popups remain, and when ORC is open by itself, no popups... [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Just a thought...

You can always download a free pop-up blocker... There are definitely some nice ones. I used to have one but lost it when I switched to a new machine... [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]</font>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 04:53 PM

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>Well, at least a dozen guys are complaining so far, and all seem to be happening at the same time, at log in and if you go to the main menu for me, and the first time I go to my home page in the morning. I do think it is coming from ORC. I don't like the pop-up blockers, ran one for a while and the thing was loaded with spyware. They are free for a reason... TANSTAAFL...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 05:15 PM

Ummmm, yah, I'm getting them too... usually when I first go to my home page, and, I agree, they suck. I quit going to a couple of other boards for that reason... is there any way they can be eliminated?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

I could understand if only a few people are getting the pop up ads. Then it could count for coincidence. But it seems quite a few people, 10-20 that I know of, are complaining of them. And it seems 50% of the ones I know of are very upset and mention they left other boards for this reason. I think it's plain, pure, undeniable BULL$H!T. But hey, that's just me. I'm stubborn enough, and enjoy this board enough that this incredibly incovinience will not drive me away, but it will make me bitter and frequent here less often. I suggest any moderators of this board take it up to someone higher and poke around to see what's up. I'll keep posting here about this until it's resolved, or we atleast know ORC is the ones up to this $h!t.
P.S. Sorry for my angry attitude, I just get thoroughly annoyed by popups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode