New forum suggestions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
BBS Changes - General Discussion Please discuss topics related to System upgrades and changes here.

View Poll Results: New forums on ORC
O/T and General 4x4 boards 23 69.70%
O/T board only 3 9.09%
General 4x4 board only 1 3.03%
Neither board is neccessary 2 6.06%
Shaggy has too much time on his hands 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

New forum suggestions

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>I have a some suggestions for a couple of new forums that I beleive would be a good addition to the ORC BBS. My suggestions and my reasoning follow.

Off-Topic board - A general "Chit-Chat" board to be used for any topics not directly relating to off highway vehicles. Forums like this are used on many 4x4 sites and contribute to a sense of community, while also helping to keep the off topic threads out of the vehicle specific forums. In some forums these off topic threads have become very prolific, even outnumbering on topic threads for perids of time. I feel that when new members join, they often leave very quickly because the vehicle forums often have a very cliquey feel, due to the O/T banter that often occurs there. This very board could be used as the O/T forum with a simple title change.

General 4x4 board - to be used for general 4x4 discussion (duh) that is not neccessarily vehicle specific. Also could be used for discussion of hybrid rigs and other various issues related to 4x4s but not any particular brand. I realize that quads and motorcycles are represented on ORC, but I do not feel that the mere presence of these enthusiasts is a good reason to deny the much more numerous 4x4 crowd a board of this nature.

Here is a poll, just because I feel like making a poll[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 12:58 AM

Re: New forum suggestions

<font face="Comic Sans MS">I concur with Evan on this... At times the O/T stuff can clog up boards, and rather than chase people away by not letting them have O/T stuff, I think having a seperate place for it, with moderators having the ability to move o/t threads to the o/t forum would be the best.

And the general 4x forum would also be a good plan in my opinion since some projects don't neatly fall under one manufacturer and/or you just want to get the most amount of varied opinions possible on how to do something but don't want to broadcast it all over every board... [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

</font>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 04:18 PM

i think both are a good idea. i especially like the OT board. that'll allow members of all the forums to get together...uhmm, then again, that could get wild [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] anyhow, i voted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 04:19 PM

yeah the two main boards that i frequent have alot of O/T stuff, but still its cool, lots of fun is had in O/T posts, and the general 4x4 board, sounds like a good idea to pull together all the different forums. maybe could be converted to general off-road board for the ATV and Dirt BIkers, but both of evans ideas are good in my book
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 04:31 PM

I voted... I think it's a great idea... it would be cool to have a place where EVERYONE on the boards can get to know each other a little bit.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 06:15 PM

I'm down w/ the 2 new boards.. I frequent Pirate alot and those are th 2 boards i read the most, funny topics, and great tech..maybe we can have that here..
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 07:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

im up for an O/T board, not sure about general though. but a group purchase board would be nice, i like group purchases (sorry but i had to pich "my" idea).
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 10:56 PM
Mud in my Veins

I think both boards would be useful, but I'm tempted to go start another screen name so I can vote for "Shaggy has to much time on his hands"[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 07:13 AM

I voted, but I agree with AJM, I wanted to vote for too much time...
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 07:54 AM

Sounds good to me. Every other board I go to has something like that. On the gun board that I frequent the general area somehow puts aside the differences in opinion that the Ar-15 and AK-47 guys have and they have got a pretty cool wealth of knowlege going on most any subject without cloging up the technical/shooting side of things. I figure we could do the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode