50k limit - PROBLEMS - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
BBS Changes - General Discussion Please discuss topics related to System upgrades and changes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

50k limit - PROBLEMS

This bug has been around for a week or two, and I've seen it brought up on here before, but there is still an issue with the image size allowed on the boards. It used to be 100k, and now it says 50k, but it still seems to allow people to post up to 100k, but it just won't display them if they're over 50k. Could someone please look into this for me and everyone else. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 01:54 AM

Re: 50k limit - PROBLEMS

Second that!

Really need to pick a limit, 50, 100 or 75.. doesn't matter, just needs to be setup properly..
I keep having to post, check, get annoyed, repost, recheck, repost again, then give up.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 08:10 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I'll pass it on to Pat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 11:08 AM

at 50 it is so low that it does little good and most of us have allready started to save most of our pix at just below 100 I can do this with my camera and not have to mess with it but try resizing 10+pix
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 08:01 AM
Keyboard Implanted

The current size is plenty for showing great pictures. Check my other post in the BBS Changes forum where I have a 46k picture posted at 533x400 resolution. You can read the writing on the oil filter!!!!!!!! Now if people think that this picture is too small, better learn how to edit.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 12:08 PM
Official Historian

I don't have a problem with the size, just that there is not an error message if it is between 50-100k.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 06:35 PM

Yeah, it'll go through OK with a file that's too big, but then it just doesn't work. There needs to be an error message if it's over 50K. Didn't we have one before?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 12:55 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Hey Chad, I hate to use this term but "I don't want to offend you" I'm really glad you are like Joe computer wiz and you have all the latest and greatest programs, software, and pc hardware, but please stop acting as if every person out there who posts on these boards should have the same knowledge and/or hardware and software. Some of us took a long time to learn how to get what we had to work with the old setting of 100k and had sized a sizeable number of pics to an area between 50 to 100 k, now you guys came along and changed the rules and think that nobody is going to be bothered by that or when they do speak up you belittle them by saying they had better learn how to edit, how uncooth. I was also very dissapointed in how you guys handled the change over to the new setup, no redirect links, no notice that our favorites would not work, hell I wouldn't doubt that there are still many out there who think the boards are just plain gone, I know I would have thought that if someone else hadn't e-mailed me and let me know it was back up. I'm not saying your responsible, just voicing some of the things I had held back on earlier, while I was on the subject.
And again, not trying to offend, just letting you know how you come across on this end.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 02:19 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I have no access to the forums software at all. I do not have any control over the settings of the forums. All of that is control by PJC. He is the man that does the changes and keeps things rolling. I am not a computer wiz with all the latest and greatest stuff. I run Win98SE on a 3.5 year old system. The software I use to edit was given to me. All the software mentioned to edit pictures is easy to use and free, except the MS stuff. I'm not trying to sound snotty or show off. I learned what I know by trial and error. Easy as that.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

I agree that 50k is PLENTY big! And it's easy enough to resize the photo with basic software. But this bug has taken forever to fix. Someone just tried to post a 48K pic and it wouldn't let them. So somethings up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode