More moderators? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
BBS Changes - General Discussion Please discuss topics related to System upgrades and changes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2002, 02:46 AM Thread Starter

More moderators?

Just wondering if you guys were thinking of getting more moderators..

I can see quite a few in this forum, but in the ShortWheelBase forum we get visited once a month or so.

I was just thinking low level moderators, could fix any annyoing super big pictures someone has, give help on any questions about the forum people have, delete double posts, just be a general helping hand.

They'd also be a quick response (pick someone who is online alot.) to any abusive, or "undesirable" posts.

There is such a thing as too many moderators, but I don't think you guys are anywhere close.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2002, 08:44 AM
pjc

Re: More moderators?

What forum would you like to help out at?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2002, 09:04 AM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">I routinely read through the SWB Jeep forum, the Mid size Jeep forum, and the Toy truck /suv forum, as well as the GM ones. I could help out there if need be... [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Not online all the time but try and check in once a day at least to see what's going on and what info I'm missing out on... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Chad, PJC? Up to you guys. </font>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2002, 09:59 AM

Well how many do you want? One of the coolest things I have found on the swb page is that for the most part we police ourselves. People are usually asked to remove foul language/ large pics whatever. But for what it's worth............if you need a hand I have no problem helping. I love this board and what it contributes to all. And I'm sure you can check my online time spent here.(a sick amount) Just make sure if we get more moderators in here that they have a good temperment and a sense of humor.[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2002, 11:38 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I agree with Dirtdog. Doug, Shawn, PJC, Tim, &amp; myself are here helping out "in case of". It is pretty bad when a bunch of great people cannot moderate themselves and depend on us to show them the way. If we need to add a moderator to a forum, it can be done. I think the ones we have now work well together, though.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2002, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

I realise that this forum more then any other I've ever been on moderates its self.. it's actually kind of refreshing.

I was just thinking about the day to day running.. double posts, large images, the little things that really don't matter.

But in saying that, they don't matter.

This is just be trying to go from 99% perfection to 100%
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2002, 10:36 AM

I'd be interested in helping moderate the SWB forum. I'm unemployed, so I'm here all the time!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2002, 12:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree, with everyone. The SWB doesn't need much moderation, but maybe housekeeping is a better term. The IFS board needs more moderating than SFA or SWB. But that's my opinion. Some housekeeping, cleanup, answer some stupid questions, would be helpful, I agree.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2002, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

I'm not unemployed, but I do spend more hours here then sleeping. (scary thought)
I do know this software from an admin standpoint.
and (bonus) I'm trained in forum riot control. (You know when the admins have been over run, the threads have names 400 characters long and the members are swinging from the overhead lights like apes.)

I also have a picture of a scary cat.
(See left.) It's a definite deterant. Says "Mess with me and your screwed."... sort of..

I just haven't been here very long. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode