Speed - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
BBS Changes - General Discussion Please discuss topics related to System upgrades and changes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2002, 08:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Speed

Am I doing something wrong? I see posts in here talking about how the changes seem to be make things run faster. I have to wait between 30 seconds and no response any time I get into these forums. When I try to page thru, it gets worse. At least half the time I give up, press stop, and so somewhere else.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2002, 11:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Speed

slower than ever!! Something must be wrong. I've got dsl and the website was a little slow but tollerable before. Now it is at a snail's pace.
Good luck getting it fixed, I know there is a lot of disappointed people including myself!

'91 Suburban 3/4 ton 350 TBI
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2002, 07:43 AM
Keyboard Implanted

It loads fast once it gets past the few second server stall. I have DSL & Cable and it is nowhere as fast as other sites like CascadeCrawlers.com, POR, & RCRC.

Chad
[email protected]
http://dcautocenter.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2002, 11:27 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Yes, I agree. It seems to be getting slower and slower. I would not be able to view it at all if I still had a dial-up connection.

I'm on here so much, I have carpal tunnel reader syndrone.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2002, 05:02 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I gotta put in my .02 here, I am on dial up and it really seems to vary. Like right now it ain't bad at all but there are times when I wait 5 min. plus to get a post to come up or worse yet try to respond to any posts and I'll get pissed off and just shut it down. I too would like to know whats going on, especially since it seems like it's gotten worse since this last weekend, which nobody has explained what happened nor gave us any warning of it happening.

YOU NEVER KNOW TILL YOU TRY
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2002, 07:50 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I still haven't heard what happened. I emailed Pat but he must be pretty busy. And it is also impossible to predict a crash like that.

Chad
[email protected]
http://dcautocenter.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2002, 06:09 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Hi
It`s not so much just the crash but the months of slow long delays in getting an improvement in speed . I know it`s free and I`ll be the first to say I appreciate this BBS as a service BUT at the same time it`s just not fun when you have to watch your post take 30 seconds to load or click on a topic and it hangs for ever . I`m on cable too . I`d be totally willing to drop off 20 bucks if that would help the upgrades . I use it enough so it`s worth it to me .

<font color=black>Jeff [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] </font color=black>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2002, 10:53 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Hey, if it crashed thats fine, I/we understand that stuff happens, but at least post to let us know that thats the case. And if it's not, and they changed something, then let us know that. Nothing worse than not knowing whats going on. Esspecially when things get so much worse all of a sudden after an event like that.

YOU NEVER KNOW TILL YOU TRY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode