trailride near southwest va? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Trail Rides and Events Post your ATV Trail Ride or Event

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 06:43 PM
mlc840

trailride near southwest va?

would like to know if there are any trailrides near southwest va? <font color="orange"> </font> <font color="black"> </font>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: trailride near southwest va?

sorry i never replied before, offroad.com USED to SUCK for popups but it looks like they have squared away that problem. so ill probably visit a lot more now. southwest va huh? where abouts? bristol? wythville or farther west? im down here just outside of ewing (last western most zip code in va). we have TONS of trails just across the state line in ky. park around rose hill va and ride till your hearts content. visit us at a local website for lots more details.

www.mountaintrails.us

ifn yer not too far away, we also have a club here to. mountain trails off road association.
BiLLy bOb [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 01:51 PM
mlc840

we are near big stone gap, va. we have some good places to ride around here. have you ever heard of high knob? big cherry lake? also near pennington gap there is a place called yellow rock that goes over into kentucky. and appalachia. we were looking for the 2 or 3 day trailrides where you can camp. i'll check out the website. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Keyboard Implanted

sorry i havent replied earlier, been on the road for the last 2 weeks. went wheeling in arizona in the new rhino. check out the mtn trails site for pics if ya wanna. im down here just outside of ewing. ive heard of some of the places you mention. ive rode all the way to yellow rock from blue springs over here in rose hill years ago. across crows foot, big sandy, up the killer hill where the chopper pad is now, past hole in the wall, up hells trails all the way to yeller rock. ive heard that the ky wild life has posted the top out by hole in the wall n east to stay off with motorized vehicles. maybe we'll get together sometime once it warms up.
BiLLy bOb
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 08:30 PM
mlc840

sounds like you go on some great rides. we've never gone anywhere big. just this area. nothing major but i love our mountains. i thought yellow rock was rough, but fun. if you ever get up this way holler.youre not far from bsg. we can take you on our mountain trails. beautiful place to see. i want to go to one of the camping rides this summer. they sound fun. we just got a new polaris 800 for my daughter. lift kit and everything. it is nice. if we just had more time to ride. thanks for writing back!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1549861-WINTER2006101.jpg (15.7 KB, 8 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 08:18 PM
Keyboard Implanted

we're planning on getting together jan 1 for a ride if ya might be interested. im planning on going unless the weather is just plain nasty. bsg, not far at all, your a hour or lil more from me. havent been camping in quite some time, so hopefully we'll get to go some this spring n summer. hoping so anyways....
BiLLy bOb
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 11:11 PM
mlc840

where are you gonna ride at for new years? sounds fun. how many people ride with you? we may go sat. night if you are interested. we have 10 or more 4-wheelers sometimes. all ages. we all meet in crackers neck and go from there. may be rainy but we hopefully will go anyways. what kind of 4-wheeler do u have? we are gonna buy a trailer to haul ours on. right now have to use the truck. might try to go new years. thanks for the invite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1550913-WINTER2006103.jpg (115.2 KB, 5 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 11:36 AM
Keyboard Implanted

i dont believe we're interested in a nite ride. im just too much of a sleep and warmth lover to go on a nite ride in december. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] just cant handle it. maybe im turning into a panzy. hahaha Jan 1, we're leaving from rosehill va, dont know where all we will end up over in Ky. theres been talk of going over towards everts or going to harlan to eat, i just dont know where we will end up. going to try to figger it out today. as of now there looks to be like 10 or so going so far. one dude comin from morristown ways says theres 8 comin with him, women too. just got a rhino a couple weeks ago. hoping to fab up a windsheild before the 1st. i dont blame you on the trailer. their very handy. heres the link to the thread on mountain trails.

http://mountaintrails.us/v-web/bulle...opic.php?t=928

hope you can make it man. if the weather isnt too miserable, im going to be there. but not if its 20 with freezing rain.
hope to see ya there.
BiLLy bOb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode