Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   ATV Racing (https://forums.off-road.com/atv-racing/)
-   -   2007 GNCC Round 1 Results (https://forums.off-road.com/atv-racing/223671-2007-gncc-round-1-results.html)

dwaters 03-04-2007 09:23 PM

2007 GNCC Round 1 Results

For afternoon race Unofficialy it is:

1st Bill Ballance
2nd Chris Borich
3rd Taylor Kiser
4th William Yokely

writeforus 03-05-2007 10:28 AM

Ricky, what's the behind-the-scenes scoop on Borich's protest of Ballance? Dish, man!

gaatvr 03-06-2007 02:48 PM

Ballance Frame-up?

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by writeforus (Post 1498352)
Ricky, what's the behind-the-scenes scoop on Borich's protest of Ballance? Dish, man!

It seems that there has been more than one attempt to slam the Champ in his game. Bill Ballance has been protested by the Borich Team for a Frame Modification that may lend to the Ballance advantage. No one knows for sure but Bill Ballance if the Lower Frame Modification is actually going to help or hurt the performance of his Factory Yamaha.
This is where the grey meets the red according to other teams in this series. The lower frame extending from the absolute front of the frame back to where the rear A-Arm mount is has been cut and both sides are pushed to the center. The frame rails actually touch in the center. What could this possibly do for performance you ask?...
Well the only advantage i can see is maybe a little more travel and it might even ease up the steering just a bit. It looks like technology stolen from the 800 hp Trophy trucks in Baja where there is just fragments of inches seperating the a-arms on each side.
Is this something that Racer Productions would allow according to the rules in the Book? If it is being tested for production reasons it is permitted to a certain extent but only Racer Productions can decide if it will uphold the win or discard it . From this vantage point it seems the win will stick for now!!!
My advice to all the haters out there.... Most people cannot beat Bill on a highly modified machine with him on a complete stocker so work on your game before you call him a cheater!!!
Do you think he would get Seven (7, for those who cannot spell) championships and then decide to become a cheater?.. I didnt think so.
Thats my 2 cents:D

Some say this could be adding to the rake of the machine and the idea would be to try and get the frame closer to the handling on the 250r of old and thus reinventing one of the greatest aftermarket frame phenoms in the industry. Just speculation... I know Bill would never tell but i'd sure like to know how it helps!!

dwaters 03-06-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaatvr (Post 1498463)
Well the only advantage i can see is maybe a little more travel and it might even ease up the steering just a bit. It looks like technology stolen from the 800 hp Trophy trucks in Baja where there is just fragments of inches seperating the a-arms on each side.

Or a Kawasaki KFXR450.....:D

writeforus 03-06-2007 03:33 PM

Behind the Scenes, and Under the Nerfs!