Pay? or lose your championship - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Racing For discussion of ATV Racing. Results, race postings, preparations, riding tips!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Force 10

Pay? or lose your championship

I have raced the VXCS series (&GPX)this season and I know this topic would be deleted if I posted this over their so here it goes.

At the start of the season here is what the rules spelled out.
[ QUOTE ]

In 2006, there will be 5 events, with your best 4 counting towards year end awards. The Haynes Farm National CANNOT be used as a throw-away unless you have entered that event.

[/ QUOTE ]

That seamed fair until the most recent posts that appar to be more about the money than the riders of the series.

This question was recently asked-

[ QUOTE ]
(Aug 8 2006, 09:14 AM) Tim I need to know what you guys mean I cant use it for a throw away unless I enter it,do you mean if I Pay and sign up I can use the HAYNES FARM as a throw away,my issue is I start a Job I have been trying to get for the last five years I get my foot in the door on next Monday,I will work 3 days a week for 3 Mon-Wens. then 4 days a week Thurs.-Sun and The 3 days a week is for the first 3 weeks of the month then the 4 days last for the last week and first 2 weeks of the next month,then I work 7 stright and then get 7 days off and it starts all over,well my thing is I will be going into my 4 days a week time when the race gets here and dont think I can get off and dont want to ask for that yet,I will see what I can do but I crunched the # and I will win the series for my class if I dont show,there 1 guy behind me and if he gets first plase he will get 101 points and 5 for coming to all races and thats a tie and it says in the rule the person with the most first place wins gets the win,can you get let me know if this is correct,and if I do pay for the race do I get the 5 extra points or not,not a big deal if I am going to win anyway,please get back to me,Thank you and I hope to be able to make it out and I had a awesome time racing with all you guys this year and cant wait until next year.Good Luck everyone and have fun and hope to be there but maybe not........

[/ QUOTE ]

Response-

[ QUOTE ]
The rule on throw aways simply states that you must have ENTERED the Haynes Farm event in order to use it as a throwaway. You must be a registered rider for the event.........--------------------Tim N

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to ask, just eneterd?

Then-

[ QUOTE ]
(Aug 8 2006, 02:57 PM) So you are saying I need to Pay or what I am not sure what you mean,let me know if I have to sign up and pay or do I not have to,I will probly pay anyways do to I might be able to go last min.,the moneys is no big deal I just dont want to screw myself out of winning my class,also is you sign up and pay do I get the 5 extra points for entering all the races,as we supposed to,but not sure if that goes for me if I dont start the race.Thanks for the info Tim and I hope I can make bu I really do........

[/ QUOTE ]

Response-

[ QUOTE ]
You have to register and pay.--------------------Tim N

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I don't race that is ok? Just need to register. Is this typically what a promoter does as a standard practice to increase their attendance on paper?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2006, 05:20 PM
MRollins

Re: Pay? or lose your championship

I stumbled on this item by accident. My family left this series a year ago due to things such as this. I looked into this to see if it was valid. Amazing as it may seem there are 2 riders seperated by 19 points right now. If the racer that put out the original question is allowed to just sign up but is not required to race the event he will win the title based on the tie breaker which is most number of wins during the season. Recall that the last race cannot be used as a throw away if you do not sign up for it. You are not required to race but you are required to pay your money.

[ QUOTE ]
The rule on throw aways simply states that you must have ENTERED the Haynes Farm event in order to use it as a throwaway. You must be a registered rider for the event.........--------------------Tim

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking at dropping the lowest score in the Utility here is what these riders face;

Rider A (C.Harlow) - 30+30+30+16+ <font color="red">0</font>=106 without riding the last round

Rider B (G.Patton) - 21+25+25+18+<font color="red">?</font>=106 if he wins and gets 30 points plus 5 bonus points for attending each round

This doesn't seem fair to Rider B who will put in all 5 rounds. If he wins he loses. The title is not his due to the manipulation of the rules if he wins.

Why reward a rider who runs less events regardless of the reason and penalize the rider who attends 100% of your events? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode