1000 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Racing For discussion of ATV Racing. Results, race postings, preparations, riding tips!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 09:16 PM
EPICfool

So another baja 1000 is in the record books. Anyone got any good stories and anyone got any more info?
last time I heard Fredricks 6A was coming through San Vicente very early this morning anyword on him finishing I know he only needed to finish for the championship.

ATVs
1. Wayne Matlock, El Cajon, Calif./Chad Prull, Honda TRX450R, 18:06:53 (39.13mph) (Class 25)
2. Wes Miller, Fallbrook, Calif./Dan Creech, Honda TRX450, 18:52:37 (37.55mph) (Class 25)
3. Mike Cafro, Carlsbad, Calif./Danny Prather, Ramona, Calif./William Yokley, Honda TRX450R, 19:24:36 (36.52mph) (Class 25)
4. Joel Leal/Israel Reyes/Indalecio Jimenez, Mexicali, Mexico, Bombardier Baja 650, 20:22:41 (34.78mph (Class 25)
5. Francisco Ruano/Gerardo Sepulveda/Rafael Pinedo, Tijuana, Mexico, Honda TRX 450R, 21:32:18 (32.91mph) (Class 25)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 10:52 PM
Veteran

Re: 1000

I dont know if he finished or not. That would really suck if he lost it......Great job by Wayne Matlock and crew. I like the new bike he is riding to. Wonder if he will stick with it at Henderson.

Btw, what happened to Greg Row on the Bomb 800? Last I heard they were doing good and ran out of gas. Then heard that they quit and the rider was going back to San Felipe. That doesnt sound like Greg to me....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 11:20 AM
EPICfool

That doesnt sound like Greg to me either. I heard they ran out of gas somewhere near Matomi

and from what Im told Wayne will be finising BITD on a Suzuki, but I'm not Wayne so who knows
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 02:06 PM
EPICfool

Did anyone else hear the tragic news?

Jason and Josh Baldwin, two of the elite trophy truck drivers in deser racing. Were both on a plane home from the 1000 when yesterday at 2 PM there plane went down just off the coast of Dana Point. There was reported 4 people on board killed. I was very disturbed to hear of this.

Eric do you know anything? My mother called me this morning after reading an OC news paper.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 08:19 PM
thorracergirl

Jason Baldwin was onboard confirmed by father James Balwin. Unsure if Josh was onaboard. It is a terrible accident.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 10:40 PM

wow...best wishes to the baldwin family, this IS horrible.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 02:06 PM
EPICfool

The Article was misleading Josh was NOT on board still very sad.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 04:37 PM

Fredricks/Chislock did finish around 7:30am Sat morning. From what I heard throughout the day, they had some electrical issues from the start. Cafro/Yokley/Prather were leading for quite some time. Willy swerved to avoid a boulder and hit a tree, sending him and the quad tumbling and slicing the brake line and busting the rear shock. They had to do some repairs which put them behind. I know William felt really bad about it but they all rode great!

Saw so much more crazy stuff as the sun went down. Met some quad guys from back east, 101A, that ended up finishing also Sat morning. Saw a bunch of funny things. The Mexi team (13A) came into a road crossing and only needed to change the filter but didn't have a Phillips screw-driver. Thanks to my aggressiveness, we got one from somebody and they were able to change the filter. Saw another team pull in with no front bumper. For some reason, they zip-tied a sprocket to the front (to use as a bumper? Not sure but it was funny).

Met the girl who "attempted" to solo the 1000. Nice girl with lots of determination. She made it to the summit (on her Banshee!?!), got hit by the Herbst truck, clogged her filter, and called it quits at 9:30pm. She made it 200 miles. (Jessica, 49A) She's only been riding for 1 year but for some reason, really wanted to attempt this thing solo.

My husband CHRIS BLAIS (2X) soloed on a KTM 640 and finished at 4:30AM, completely exhausted but still smiling. I chased him from Ensenada, just before Matomi and back. He had some bike issues with the fuel pump, lost power, but still trekked on.

Met all kinds of peeps at the finish... RJ (Rick Johnson), said congrats to Rosseler, met Flueger. Met Pastrana at sign-ups. He's already hooked on Baja and plans on doing the series next year. Saw Henge during the race at a gas station. They were behind 15 seconds at that point.

I had more fun watching the quads. Still doesn't make me want to race it, although I'm penciled in for the 500 next year ~ YOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 09:57 AM

next year anyone?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 07:53 AM

Re: 1000 - Baja pix

Here's some Baja pix. Check out Eichner on the 800cc Outlander going through the silt!

http://www.hackneys.com/photos/05/11...Bike/index.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode