6- hour XC race in the NorthWest - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Racing For discussion of ATV Racing. Results, race postings, preparations, riding tips!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

6- hour XC race in the NorthWest

got this email from a guy who races Alot of XC races back East, he sent me this letter tonight and I wanted to share this with you all.......

I also race ATV's where I live here in Dallas, Texas. I race in ATVCCS sanctioned races; Texas' Cross Country Series. My father-in-law (Alan Scharbrough) built the track in Payette that was used for a WORCS race.

As for why I am emailing you...For the last two years I have assisted David Culpepper, the race promoter for the ATVCCS (ATVCCS.com), set up his tracks. This series has grown year after year and this year we are running a East and West series. David and I have been asked to set up a few SIX HOUR races close to Dallas. This has been a great opportunity for me, David has taught me a lot. David will be responsible for hosting these SIX HOUR races if we agree to do them. In two weeks I'll be back in Cambridge-Weiser area for vacation and I have asked my Dad if he would let me set up a track on our cattle ranch in Cambridge. Not a MX track, but a XC track. Well, initially he said no, but since he too is into ATV'S he said that he would at least think about it (which means YES in my book). So, what is this all leading up to...The question I have is do you think a SIX HOUR race would work in the North West? I'm not looking to make any cash (however, I do have to put a new front end on my 450r j/K). If you think something like this might work give me a call at 469-363-0325. I know that I don't post on this forum often but you can also find me at texasatvs.com or 450rhq.com
Thanks for your time

if you all are interested, or know of others who would be interested in bringing XC racing to the Northwest. I am going to place this on other forums in the Northwest .Let me know your thoughts
I personally think this would make a GREAT addition to the N.W my main concern would be how well the attendance will be... I think he will be chiming in on this topic shortly...

~~Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 10:18 AM
racerwife

Re: 6- hour XC race in the NorthWest

Sounds great - we need more cross country races in the Northwest...where were you thinking about having it?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 12:11 AM
Veteran

I am taking a guess that the letter was from Sean Reddish? David Culpepper who runs the ATVCCS series does a fantastic job. If they can get a race going in the NW that would be great for you guys. I have in a ATVCCS race and it was great. They did an awesome job and the track was excellent. Good luck and I hope it works out. If you need a contact for David Culpepper I have one for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 04:22 PM

The biggest problem is the lack of attendance from Idaho racers. There just was not that many locals at the WORCS race in Payete which is right around the corner from Cambridge.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Not everyone here is a "WORCS rider", some of our riders would like to race XC style. Just becuase we didnt have a good turn out for that round, doesnt mean that ALL race will be that way. SO, those who gripe about the attendace, does this mean you would not like to do this? This has NOTHING to do with WORCS, our locals want to do this race and wanted the Ore/Wash to also be apart of it .If so, I ll tell him no one is interested and just be done with it for now. The reason this event is in Cambridge is becuase the owner has donated his land for it. We have 4 series in Idaho going this year, this wa the 1st year to have all the quads racing, Our riders had alot on there plate this year and didint not want to mess up there own series they have ran all spring/summer for a one wk end event. We will have more riders doing the series Im sure next year ,but if there is no interest in the XC, Ill just tell him to bag the whole idea.
FT racing is another thing the Idaho riders do , I totally love WORCS races, but MX,FT and maybe XC will be the agenda this year .Im just not sure what all the fuss is about, it gives riders a new place to ride, new scenery,new style of racing meet new people ect..
Im just trying to help promote another form of racing
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

[ QUOTE ]
I am taking a guess that the letter was from Sean Reddish? David Culpepper who runs the ATVCCS series does a fantastic job. If they can get a race going in the NW that would be great for you guys. I have in a ATVCCS race and it was great. They did an awesome job and the track was excellent. Good luck and I hope it works out. If you need a contact for David Culpepper I have one for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You pretty much hit that dead on....
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 08:50 AM
scoott

I hold 2, 4 hour ATV team races in Washington state. What size course or format are you thinking of? I would be interested in a series like that.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 02:33 PM

I may be moving up there and was wondering if any racing takes place up there...I am more in to desert racing so does this take palce up there...I love long races...where would and do these events take place?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 12:06 AM
scoott

Eddieville and Starvation Ridge in Washington. Check out www.overthebarsgang.com for more info & pics.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 10:33 PM

Scott has been getting a good turnout at the 4hr Team races in Washington State and that is with very little promotion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode