BACK IN CAL CITY AFTER 10 YEARS - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Racing For discussion of ATV Racing. Results, race postings, preparations, riding tips!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 07:31 AM
Lucho

BACK IN CAL CITY AFTER 10 YEARS

AFTER TEN YEARS
WE'RE BACK IN
CALIFORNIA CITY!

SATURDAY, MARCH 19, 2005 is the first event, of the eight-event, 2005 Hi-Dez SuperCourse Desert Gran Prix Series in California City, CA (10 miles north of Mojave, off Hwy 14 and/or Hwy 58). The City welcomes gran prix racers back to its deserts for the first time in 10 years in an organized series. The last event there was held in 1995 also staged by BP MotorSports.

Series events take place on Saturday so as to not affect any of the D37 Sunday events. Moreover, none of the BP MotorSports dates conflict with the Big 6 Gran Prix Series.

All Classes of Motorcycles and ATVs are available, including classes for, Vets, Masters, SuperSeniors, Women, Vintage, PeeWees and Kids (see entry).

The Hi-Dez SuperCourse Series events are sanctioned by the AMA. Competitors must have a current AMA competition membership card to participate. Go to the AMA link: http://www.amadirectlink.com/email.asp to purchase your AMA card or you can buy one at the race.

What is SuperCourse Desert Gran Prix? The desert GP is a 2-hour event on a 10-plus-mile racecourse. Everyone starts at the same time by rows and by time variables. Race for 2-hours on challenging terrain. (Kids and ATVs run separately.) No SuperCross or MotoX-style finish, but challenging nonetheless. One-mile of pit area. Start/finish on "old" pavement. Plenty of room for racers and spectators. Mileage markers every mile, checkpoints and radio communications throughout. Med-Event Ambulance Service on site plus additional Security crew.

Here are some links to download for additional details:

Information: http://www.bpmotorsports.net/05-Hi-Dez-GP1-Info-web.htm

Entry: http://www.bpmotorsports.net/05-Sup...-Only-2-pdf.pdf

Please contact us at [email protected]

Lou Peralta
760-578-6258
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 10:50 PM

Re: BACK IN CAL CITY AFTER 10 YEARS

having known this promoter for many years...he really puts on a great event. they are fun and family based events....some really fast guys have been known to show up and get found at his events in the past.Good to see him back..my entry goes in soon..........
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 12:09 PM
Lucho

UPDATE:
Here's the "link" for directions on how to get to the race site at CALIFORNIA CITY, whether you are coming off Hwy 58 or Hwy 14:
http://www.bpmotorsports.net/05-Cal-...Finish-pdf.pdf

People have asked for a course map. We have them but they will not be available until Friday night (3/18). You can pick them up (if you are already registered) at sign-up or check-in at the Pizza Factory in Cal City, between 5 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. .
THERE WILL BE NO PRE-RUNNING, however, Saturday morning there will be two "Parade" laps. One for the PeeWees, Minis, Kids, on their course; and the other for everyobe else. The first starts at 9 a.m. for Kids. The next follows. WARNING you do not ride at race speeds. You must follow "race officials" around the 9.3-mile racecourse.
For additional information go to our website: http://www.bpmotorsports.net

Thanks.

BPMS
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 09:09 PM

who's going? got my number ....come on you guys....let's have some fun..
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 01:06 PM

The race is still on looks like quads will race about 1:30
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 09:43 AM

The race was so much fun. Patty moore was there and a few other guys. We had a good quick start. The first lap was done in about 14 mins. Sorry for going so quick...I thought I was holding you up....great, fun course and the weather was great..Patty won another fellow on a yamaha took second and I finished third...another guy on a suzuki who was pretty quick, crashed out and I saw him being ridden out holding his arm. Hopefully nothing to serious...then a mysterious quad who we saw at the begining and never saw again. I think there was another as well, but not sure...I 'll check when official results come out...anyways see you all soon...robert
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Veteran

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how that was going to turn out. Good for Patty.......Anybody got any pics.....
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 09:57 PM

My wife didn't get any because she was to busy tryingto pit for me and watch the kid...some video was gotten but not to much ...the first straight was awesome...straight and long...fifth gear and wide open....
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 09:53 PM

correction on results patty was second the other guy on the yamaha was first I still got third...bummer ...
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2005, 10:10 PM

Hey Racinteach... It was good to see you out at this race. Thanks for the kudos on 1st, but yes, I was 2nd which is fine by me. We all had fun!! See you soon~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode